Shallow inlet

Turtlepop

Shallow inlet

Post by Turtlepop » Sun May 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi can someone help me on fishing shallow inlet .
Thanks Dave :reel:

Longshot

Re: Shallow inlet

Post by Longshot » Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 am

I'm a semi-regular visitor to that part of the world. What kinda help do you need?

Turtlepop

Post by Turtlepop » Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks . I've just bought an van down at shallow inlet and hope to be there this week end . Would like to know every thing I need to know, ie the best time to catch fish lol
Thanks,
David

Longshot

Post by Longshot » Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 am

Its an interesting place to fish, as Easterly winds don't seem to effect it as much as other places. Land Based fishing, your target fish will be mostly Australian Salmon and Silver Trevally at this time of year, but there might still be a few whiting, Pinkies and Ellies still about. I've Picked up the odd Gummy Shark, 7Gill shark, and of course a million Banjo Sharks and stingrays. Mostly with a piece of freshly caught Salmon. Bluebait and Pipi's are pretty much your best bet, a 2 hook paternoster rig will account for most of the fish above. bigger hook with blue bait on the bottom, smaller with pipi above. 2-4oz bomb sinkers. The tide can really rip through, so your best times to fish are 2 hours either side of each tide change. Anything else PM me :)

tterrier

Post by tterrier » Tue May 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi,

Longshot is spot on - fish about two hours either side of the tide change. Once the tide (and weed) picks up, go and do something else. You can only fish land based around the low tide change and try to avoid being one of the regular bogged underwater cars :) So launch on the low tide use a 4WD. Its a good spot once it's figured out.

Turtlepop

Post by Turtlepop » Wed May 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for all the info

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”