Shhhh!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Re: Shhhh!

Post by re-tyred » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:12 am

Well I am heading offshore at Bermagui . Hope to report later
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:22 am

bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm
Most guys who use to post he regularly ,don't post anymore cause of negative feedback ect
Shame really.
Speaking for myself, I'll confess that my own lack of posts has been a result of my absolutely woeful (take home) catch rate during past 12+ months. Granted for the land-based folk it might be worthwhile to at least know which piers or rockwalls the fish are not biting, but it would make for extraordinarily dull reading for the bulk of us.

I'll add that in my opinion... land-based in PBB (and the immediate surrounds) has become more than a challenge during the last 18 months, and I am convinced the decent legal sized fish are just not coming shore side of the 5 mtr line (anymore). And whilst I would love to clamber down the cliff faces of Mt Martha or Punchbowl to access some good natural structure my fitness is letting me down (keep off the gaspers kids) so unfortunately I am contained to piers, rockwalls and the likes.

Gotta keep at it, and change my methods I expect... Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:26 am

bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm
bowl wrote:
Most guys who use to post he regularly ,don't post anymore cause of negative feedback ect
Shame really.

The guys who give negative feedback rarely post reports.🤔🤔
Yeah I remember some bloke posting a drawing of a tuna as sarcasm on a post where I mentioned catching Kingies.
Least I post reports with a pic :( :(
N post regularly ....some people just cann regular poster i.e purples 5 for example n those same people lucky to post fishing report 2 times a if lucky..

Place is almost dead now
I blame dennis barden

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 am

I have been catching more but I’m back at school now so I’m limited to weekends when mums not working and if I get nothing I won’t report it because there’s no point maybe get fishbrain their tends to be lots of people on it who are willing to help out and answer questions

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 am

I catch sweet **** all.

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:22 pm

e.welch wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 am
I have been catching more but I’m back at school now so I’m limited to weekends when mums not working and if I get nothing I won’t report it because there’s no point maybe get fishbrain their tends to be lots of people on it who are willing to help out and answer questions
This right here, Fishbrain is all the buzz now. I've never met a fisherman my age or younger who browsed forums, but nearly all of them are either on Fishbrain or know about Fishbrain. The Facebook fishing groups get a fair bit of activity as well, although you often have to put up with a lot of crap. I think forums have fallen by the wayside a little bit as far as fishing is concerned, people love to scroll through photos and fishing is a hobby that's very photogenic.

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 pm

Well it's a start :rf:
Attachments
IMG_20210427_134118_7.jpg
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:12 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 pm
Well it's a start :rf:
Put it on a bigger hook and send it back out again. :tu:

There's always a bigger fish...

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:51 pm

Charles7 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:22 pm
e.welch wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 am
This right here, Fishbrain is all the buzz now. I've never met a fisherman my age or younger who browsed forums, but nearly all of them are either on Fishbrain or know about Fishbrain. The Facebook fishing groups get a fair bit of activity as well, although you often have to put up with a lot of crap. I think forums have fallen by the wayside a little bit as far as fishing is concerned, people love to scroll through photos and fishing is a hobby that's very photogenic.
Mare I’m only 14 so now you have met someone that’s pretty young

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:13 pm

bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm
bowl wrote:
Shame really.

The guys who give negative feedback rarely post reports.🤔🤔
Yeah I remember some bloke posting a drawing of a tuna as sarcasm on a post where I mentioned catching Kingies.
Least I post reports with a pic :( :(
N post regularly ....some people just cann regular poster i.e purples 5 for example n those same people lucky to post fishing report 2 times a if lucky..

Place is almost dead now
If I or others cannot be bothered posting pics whether people like that of not is up to them the sarcastic tuna drawing is somewhat negative so you are also one of those guys....
I Don't shy from the fact that I have been critical of P5 and others at times but I have also complemented his reports as well.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “General”