Corona virus part 2

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Corona virus part 2

Post by Truedogz » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 am

I am busy working on my truck and have just finished listening to Neil Mitchell interview Prof Tony Blakely. I hope 3AW creates a link on their website so that people can listen to it. If you can please do so.

Summarising what Tony just said:

1. We have done better than anyone thought and, for the moment, we have got control. We are at a crossroads to make a critical decision into which one of three directions we can go:

A. Full lockdown and total eradication (try to beat the kiwis) though he doubts it can be totally successful (his tone suggests the kiwis might not succeed in total eradication either);

B. Keep the virus under low levels with long term restrictions playing 'whack a mole' until there is a vaccine. Problem is what if there is no vaccine? He is hopeful but there is no guarantee, no one has created a successful one for a corona virus to date;

C. Release the brakes a bit, slowly let the virus sweep through the population to provide long term immunity and protection. It sweeps through a rate that does not overwhelm the hospital system. The advantage is long term protection and with the least restrictions on the community though there will still be a lot.

He was asked which is the best option. He doesn't think A as it could be a lot of pain for very little gain. Not sure on the other two as he wan'ts to see the government modelling (similar to what I presented). He thinks they are backpedelling on releasing the modelling as the game has changed.

A critical decision has to be made over the next few weeks.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:05 am

Yet again, the Hoarding continues.
As if it wasnt enough that earlier in the year they send heaps of medical equipment overseas, its happening all over again right now..
when will it stop??? i can understand they need the stuff, but surely most of these come from china anyway, so why do they need to send it back there again when they can just manufacture locally?
ill never understand this... Unless of course they are Lying to the rest of the world the number of cases locally, and it is by far a lot more than we are led to believe.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 86cf1158aa

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:09 am

Truedogz wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 am
I am busy working on my truck and have just finished listening to Neil Mitchell interview Prof Tony Blakely. I hope 3AW creates a link on their website so that people can listen to it. If you can please do so.

1. We have done better than anyone thought and, for the moment, we have got control. We are at a crossroads to make a critical decision into which one of three directions we can go:

A. Full lockdown and total eradication (try to beat the kiwis) though he doubts it can be totally successful (his tone suggests the kiwis might not succeed in total eradication either);

B. Keep the virus under low levels with long term restrictions playing 'whack a mole' until there is a vaccine. Problem is what if there is no vaccine? He is hopeful but there is no guarantee, no one has created a successful one for a corona virus to date;

C. Release the brakes a bit, slowly let the virus sweep through the population to provide long term immunity and protection. It sweeps through a rate that does not overwhelm the hospital system. The advantage is long term protection and with the least restrictions on the community though there will still be a lot.

He was asked which is the best option. He doesn't think A as it could be a lot of pain for very little gain. Not sure on the other two as he wan'ts to see the government modelling (similar to what I presented). He thinks they are backpedelling on releasing the modelling as the game has changed.

Best Wishes

Truedogz
This is good news. :gj:

But for the love of god, please let the recording be usable to most people, one of the first links provided a while ago was absolutely useless to me as i couldnt make out a word the old fella was saying.
no disrespect to anyone, so please dont take it the wrong way.
cheers

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:12 am

Animals not safe either now :o_0:

Tiger Tests Positive for Corona

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:46 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:09 am
But for the love of god, please let the recording be usable to most people, one of the first links provided a while ago was absolutely useless to me as i couldnt make out a word the old fella was saying.
I am not responsible for the quality of the audio links. Some might be poor, but that is justified because of the quality of the content. You don't have to listen

Yes, I have taken it the wrong way, your post at best was offensive not only to me but showed dis respect to the 'old fella' - you can't even be bothered naming him.

I won't bother posting again.

Will

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 am

Truedogz wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:46 am
purple5ive wrote:
I am not responsible for the quality of the audio links. Some might be poor, but that is justified because of the quality of the content. You don't have to listen

Yes, I have taken it the wrong way, your post at best was offensive not only to me but showed dis respect to the 'old fella' - you can't even be bothered naming him.

Will
Ok Will, as you wish.
wasn't any intention to offend. but the audio was terrible and wasnt any fault of yours.
hence why i said LET the audio be usable, as in hope it will be clear and ledgible for everyone.
lets face it audio like that is as good as watching a video with no picture on it.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 am

Truedogz wrote:

Best Wishes

Truedogz
That was informative Will, thanks.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:13 am

Truedogz wrote:

Best Wishes

Truedogz
Thanks for that Mate, and thanks for all your efforts in keeping us up-to-date.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:54 am

Truedogz wrote:

Will
Truedogz, Will.

You are a commendable & admirable gentleman. I (as I am sure many of us are) truly are grateful for your very informative posts and reports on the current state of things.

But you also add a sense of realistic and calming attitude to the crazy times we are in, which is so refreshing to the alarmist attitude and hyper critical attitudes that are out there.

Do as you see fit, but to let you know, your beacon of informative support through these times is grately appreciated and is comforting and would be dearly missed.

Regards, Bill

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 am
Truedogz wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Will
Ok Will, as you wish.
wasn't any intention to offend. but the audio was terrible and wasnt any fault of yours.
hence why i said LET the audio be usable, as in hope it will be clear and ledgible for everyone.
lets face it audio like that is as good as watching a video with no picture on it.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “General”