johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Is Fishing Allowed under newest lockdown measures

Post by johnnycjay » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:26 pm

ChrisTaylor wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm
Troy McLure wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:29 am
The way I interpret this situation is as long as I ( we) keep adherence to the social distance rules then it should be ok. Having said that, if thousands try go fishing at once then we will have a big problem and will be forced to stop.
I’m hoping to wet a line in a deserted place this weekend but my social conscience is starting to eat away at me after reading some comments on here.
I'm in this dilemma too. And what occurs to me is while I can regulate my own behaviour -- staying away from others, and keeping my hands away from railings and etc -- I can't control others' behaviour. It's weird, as I've gone to piers and beaches -- quiet and busy ones -- and never put much thought into that before.

There's also a sense that by being out and about unnecessarily, I'm (and indeed all of us who still want to go fishing) potentially normalising this behaviour. That is to say, us going out and about when we're being advised to go home and stay home sends an implicit message that it's okay for all of us to go wherever the hell we like. I think if someone goes out and encounters no one, it reinforces the message that they should stay at home. If they go out and see lots of people (ignoring the efforts those people may be taking to distance themselves from others), it makes going out 'okay.'

I'm torn between not going out fishing at all, which is my current position, and sticking to quieter locations (i.e. avoiding Mordialloc and Mornington). I don't need to get bait, given I've got plenty of plastics and jigheads, so I can go out and conceivably have zero interactions with anyone ... but maybe I don't need to directly interact with someone to have an influence over their behaviour.
You seem better equipped to run this country than the current bloke. You absolutely nailed it with your post. I just turned around halfway to the beach...not because I'm scared of the virus nor am I particularly at risk of having it. I turned around because I as a learned individual can choose to set the example. That example is that it's not ok to just carry on and do what we want. It's selfish and dangerous and provides people with the idea that they also can go about doing whatever they want.

So I'm putting the rods away for a bit. I just helped my daughter build a cubby house with clothes drying racks and doonas and now I'll read a book for a bit.

If you have to think if it's ok or not to do something then it probably isn't essential.

Peace to you all.

They will be out there when we get the green light.

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Boat ramps closed in NZ

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Finally fixed my boat, new prop n starter motor , have bait n fuel ...will be out tomorrow n testing boat out.
Have not been out since jan ...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:02 pm

“Recreation areas close
by SRW Communications | Mar 26, 2020 | Home Page Featured 1 | 0 comments
We are closing public access to the recreational facilities at our storages at Blue Rock Lake, Lake Glenmaggie, Cowwarr Weir, Pykes Creek Reservoir, Merrimu Reservoir and Melton Reservoir from 9am 27 March.
The closures follow the Government’s directions on social distancing and restrictions on group gatherings. We also want to reduce the risk to any staff and contractors who maintain and clean the facilities at these locations.
We ask for your support in respecting these closures and following other guidance to help slow the transmission of coronavirus (COVID19).
The gates to Cowwarr Weir will remain open, as this provides essential road access for properties on the other side.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we will keep you informed of any further changes, but for now, these arrangements will remain until further notice.
For current information on what you can do to help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) please see:
https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus

http://www.srw.com.au/recreation-areas-close/
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:20 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:42 am

Sue me.

Hi Sue :-D

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:55 pm

johnnycjay wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:26 pm
ChrisTaylor wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm

There's also a sense that by being out and about unnecessarily, I'm (and indeed all of us who still want to go fishing) potentially normalising this behaviour. That is to say, us going out and about when we're being advised to go home and stay home sends an implicit message that it's okay for all of us to go wherever the hell we like.
You seem better equipped to run this country than the current bloke. You absolutely nailed it with your post.

Peace to you all.

Selfie 1.JPG

Selfie 2.JPG

sandef wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Boat ramps closed in NZ

Meanwhile , , , , back in the real world

Real world.JPG

Cheers, Bugatti

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

The thing stopping me from going fishing is as Texas said, I’ll be driving more, causing me to fill up at servos more than needed which is social interaction.
In my case I am not fishing for survival, so it is not essential.
I’ll be staying home doing my bit

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:12 pm

i wouldnt mind going for a squid bash, but i think organising the shed, tackle, tools and the likes are probably a better idea.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:38 pm

I took my dog for a run along Jam Jerrup beach today...3 boats out fishing.
I dropped into Lang Lang for a look...I counted 9 yaks out there.
Had a look at Tooradin ramp...probably 3/4 full.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, purely an observation.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 pm

A lot of boats in the carpark at Rhyll when I picked mine up from a service.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”