How do you have your Coffee?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: How do you have your Coffee?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally..... the closet bream fisherman are starting to come out :rf:

Caramel latte or Irish Nut creme for me if im Out..

in saying that though, i was born and brought up in a country where Tea and coffee are featured heavily in peoples daily life!
i used to live few hours away from pristine Tea and coffee plantations (rubber and cinamon) as well grown around them.
i do love a cup of tea or coffee and im not too fusyy how it is made i will still drink it.
fishing time i opt for black coffee usually bought on the way from mackers!!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:10 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Caramel latte

And from memory 5teve, Caramel latte with , , , , two sugars

p5 latte.JPG

That was one of the most entertaining threads I have read, right up there with Miffy & Sparkles :gj:

Cheers, Bug

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Damn right hahaha.
that thread was definitely one to remember!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Col, you have my head in a spin with a new exciting coffee utopia , , , ,

But Col, like Adam and Eve, I think it is you who has taken a bite of the forbidden Arabica Bean , , , , tempted by the slithering smoothness of its convincing caffeine curse

International Roast is definitely "THE" coffee and more importantly "THE" coffee for real Fishermen :-D

As you dutifully noted, it is "International" , , , , not domestic but far reaching across our wonderful world, exotic even.

IR.JPG

And if that wasn't enough to convince you, it is also "smooth and satisfying". That's smooth AND satisfying Col, I mean, who doesn't want to be satisfied, I know I want to be satisfied , , , , and deep down Col, you know you do too , , , , yes Col , , , , yes you do :-D

IR2.JPG

And if that still wasn't enough , , , , you are a hard man Col.

International Roast has a Crown , , , , a Golden Crown Col , , , , Gold Col, Gold , , , , imagine that , , , , a Golden Crown , , , , see, fit for a King Col.
I know what you're thinking King Col , , , , if you put a "Nat" in front of "King Col" , , , , would that make you "Nat King Col" , , , , if only, sorry it doesn't work that way

IR3.JPG

But the absolute amazing feature that would have any Fisherman reaching for a warm kettle poured and lovingly spoon stirred cup of International Roast

Fish, Col , , , , Fish.
Fishermen love fish Col, they love fish. Don't you like fish, I know I do.
Have a good look at the cup of Coffee :-D

IR4.JPG

IR5.JPG

I rest my case Col :-D

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , definitely not domestic :-D

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm
Very happy with instant coffee. Nescafé blend 43 is my preference but I’m a bit partial to International Roast. I don’t let this information get out usually because people treat you differently if you drink instant coffee, so I choose to stay in the closet.
2 sugars with a pinch of milk.
I'm with Troy.

Nescafe does me just fine.
:gj:

Aimless
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Aimless » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am

I'm a full on coffee wank these days too. If I get a coffee out, just a big ole flat white, although I don't do that often unless it's for work. Us millenials gotta save!

At home, I've been put onto pour over filter coffee by my wife. She's from Germany and that's what everyone has there. I got a cheap $2 thing from the local Japanese store, and on my last trip to Japan got a nicer one at an antique store, doesn't make a difference but looks nicer. So I use the plastic one at work.

We usually have a french press in the morning though, easier to make for two people. We had an old glass one that recently got broken so I bought a stainless steel from Amazon which is a banger. Insulated like a thermos so stays warm for half the day (lid isn't super tight hence not longer). Taste is pretty similar.

I have an Aeropress too but don't go too wild for it.

Biggest change for me was buying a grinder. $50 for a Rhinowares one, perfect size to take camping but I only buy whole beans now and grind them the night before or when I wake up. Makes a huge difference to the freshness.

Instant coffee makes me wanna jump off a bridge but I understand why some people stick to it... same as anything, hard to go back when a bit of luxury hits!!

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Bugs, the Borg famously said, resistance is futile, I believe Spock was the first to transgress......

Once my boat is back on the water, with said coffee machine installed, an invite may be thrown your way.....
A supervised transition is called for here me thinks.....

:vy:

Col

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 pm
Col, you have my head in a spin with a new exciting coffee utopia , , , ,

And if that still wasn't enough , , , , you are a hard man Col.

International Roast has a Crown , , , , a Golden Crown Col , , , , Gold Col, Gold , , , , imagine that , , , , a Golden Crown , , , , see, fit for a King Col.
I know what you're thinking King Col , , , , if you put a "Nat" in front of "King Col" , , , , would that make you "Nat King Col" , , , , if only, sorry it doesn't work that way

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , definitely not domestic :-D

"Nat King Col" - Bloody Gold :tu: :tu:

Bugman - you almost got it right there !!! Blacklab99 is of the same vintage as the real Nat King Cole but just a different shade - he's not the midnight sky variety thought and don't think he can hold the note as long as the original one too :)

Blacklab99 .. i am just so relief knowing that i stumbled along the way with a delivery of coffee to you in the past - thanks god it wasn't the instant variety. But looking back, maybe i should have given you the Blend 43 and record your reaction

Hope this crisis will be over sooner than later - promise to deliver the espresso variety to your door - just give a buzz when you're in the hood.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:40 pm

I love my Nespresso machine 😃

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 pm

I don't have coffee all that often but when I do it's Robert Timms Expresso granules..
8639925.jpg
Expresso..
8639925.jpg (10.28 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
Pepsi Max is my specialty.. :-D :-D
054291.jpg
Pepsi Max
054291.jpg (14.49 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Off Topic Forum”