Boat Maintenance

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Boat Maintenance

Post by Redhunter » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:12 pm

Smile - at this time of year the grass is growing and lawns are thickening right up. The dirt underneath is also quite moist, therefore soft. Without knowing the setup of your front/back yards, have you thought about dropping the Ol girl off the trailer and do all your mods & maintenance at once? Of course dropping it into a mate's dam or similar would be ideal, this is another option. Just a thought pal...

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 am
One more thing I forgot to mention earlier is about polishing the outboard cowl, and similar areas on the boat ( consoles and stuff like that)
Any general car polish is enough. It keeps the cowl looking nice and new and also washes salt off very easily. I do it couple of times a year, keep the outboard nice and shiny
I thought I'd reply to this one rather than start a new thread.
Just got the boat serviced and when I got it back home I decided to top up the aesthetic maintenance as well.

What I mean by top up is to add extra protection to existing polish by means of using a quick detail spray, spray on sealant and a wax for a bit of gloss.
I also used a rubber rejuvinator on the cowl seals.

The products I use are left over from my hobby car detailing days and are all made by a company called chemical guys in America.
What you see in the pic is a quarter of my collection.
You don't need to do all this, just a bit of polish and a wax is all you need. But I have plenty lying around so I make good use of it..

This is what I used this evening

Quick shine detail spray V07 to remove any dust and grime and will not take off existing polish. Also good as a quick detailer

Blitz ... spray on sealant . Keeps the polish protected and helps water bead while giving a nice shine.

Pete's wax .. just another wax it gives the paint a really warm gloss look..

Extreme shine .. that's the rubber and plastic trim protectant / rejuvinator...

FB_IMG_1570441407640.jpg
As you can see it's a nice mirror finish!!
FB_IMG_1570441397999.jpg
That's without any polish.. if I used a polish and a proper polishing pad it will be an even more mirror finish!!!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:09 am

So shinie mate fish will be scared lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:14 am

Redhunter wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:12 pm
Smile - at this time of year the grass is growing and lawns are thickening right up. The dirt underneath is also quite moist, therefore soft. Without knowing the setup of your front/back yards, have you thought about dropping the Ol girl off the trailer and do all your mods & maintenance at once? Of course dropping it into a mate's dam or similar would be ideal, this is another option. Just a thought pal...
Good idea but
At the new house I can't turn the boat onto grass in rear yard. The angle is just wrong.
Due to long concrete drive down to shed

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 pm
purple5ive wrote:
One more thing I forgot to mention earlier is about polishing the outboard cowl, and similar areas on the boat ( consoles and stuff like that)
Any general car polish is enough. It keeps the cowl looking nice and new and also washes salt off very easily. I do it couple of times a year, keep the outboard nice and shiny
Just got the boat serviced and when I got it back home I decided to top up the aesthetic maintenance as well.

What I mean by top up is to add extra protection to existing polish by means of using a quick detail spray, spray on sealant and a wax for a bit of gloss.

The products I use are left over from my hobby car detailing days and are all made by a company called chemical guys in America.
You don't need to do all this, just a bit of polish and a wax is all you need. But I have plenty lying around so I make good use of it..

Quick shine detail spray V07 to remove any dust and grime and will not take off existing polish. Also good as a quick detailer

Blitz ... spray on sealant . Keeps the polish protected and helps water bead while giving a nice shine.

FB_IMG_1570441407640.jpg

FB_IMG_1570441397999.jpg

That's without any polish.. if I used a polish and a proper polishing pad it will be an even more mirror finish!!!
When are you free? Ill bring Hobby Car and boat over

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:15 pm

piscateur wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am
purple5ive wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 pm
purple5ive wrote:

FB_IMG_1570441407640.jpg

FB_IMG_1570441397999.jpg

When are you free? Ill bring Hobby Car and boat over
I dont have a polishing machine any more to do the car, outboard I can hand polish no worries. Pick a weekend that's over 20 knots and come down for a visit

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:03 pm

I'll be next in line If your offering

jahunt

Post by jahunt » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Lanotec is great to use also - Lanolin is a grease from sheeps wool which lubricates and prevents corrosion. The grease you can use everywhere on a boat, electrical terminals and stainless, works really well to lubricate and prevent corrosion, ideal to keep some onboard!

Return to “Boating”