Acheron - 07/09

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Acheron - 07/09

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Nice report and photos star - shame you didnt get on but looks like it was a good trip away with mates

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Texas wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Hey starry, I finally got my maps working properly
I used to camp there 50 years ago (no caravan park then)
When the weather warms up, I'll be there
Gra
Geez it must have been wild wonderful country back then without the weekend warrior invasion.

In any case, a few days of no rain up there and the river will settle, and be a fraction warmer fot it... take a drive, it is certainly worth a day trip or an over-nighter.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:27 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 pm
Texas wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Hey starry, I finally got my maps working properly
I used to camp there 50 years ago (no caravan park then)
When the weather warms up, I'll be there
Gra
Geez it must have been wild wonderful country back then without the weekend warrior invasion.

In any case, a few days of no rain up there and the river will settle, and be a fraction warmer fot it... take a drive, it is certainly worth a day trip or an over-nighter.
I'm thinking a week. I was overtaxed last finacial year, a damn good return coming
Year's ago it was popular, but, only up to 15 people, all male, with guns for food
Never any trouble except when someone's dog dug up the rabbit guts etc, it had a ball
Gra

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:58 pm

Great report Starry on a great Weekend, you can add me to the "Jealous as" list

Nothing better than a fishing trip with mates, just that says it all. Great write up, made us feel like we wish we were there and we also had some empathy for the lovable main character.

StarrangerAU wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:30 am
I'll try to keep it short.

Now Starry, you said about your creative photography neglecting to show the trout's owner. Well to take that further into creative writing, well, more accurately as creative omitting, and your intent to have the report "try to keep it short" , , , , I think I might have a balance for you , , , , a very miss-leading balance but you can adamantly say "It is all true" and any misgivings the reader might have , , , , well, that is collateral :-D

Here's the creative omitting :-D

StarrangerAU wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:30 am

I've never seen a trout this big.... HUUGE! One of my mates took a photo of me landing it in the net , , , , well I landed it :super:

Headed home , , , , armed with , , , , another crack.e.r

Starry Trout.PNG

Cheers, Bugs

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”