Martial Arts, it can help you too

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

Re: Martial Arts, it can help you too

Post by Bugatti » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm

John Dory wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:08 pm
Am a master at NoCanDo.
The old man is 2nd or 3rd Dan black belt in Kyokushin.
I didn’t get into as a kid though, wish i did now. Used to go all the tournaments with him.
Sweet, good on him , , , , and great that the grasshopper went to his Tournaments.

Am a master at NoCanDo. , , , , Hey John D, I excel in that discipline too :-D

Cheers, Bug :-D

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 am

Thanks for sharing Mr Bug.
Its good thing that kids are busy with something like that, family and friends should 110% support it.
Thanks Seb

One of the reasons I did share our family's involvement in Martial Arts is that it is a slightly a miss understood sport.

Our friends & family do support it and us , , , , I have wrangled a few in for sausage sizzle duties :-D

But I know of a few people who get picked on for participating or even being focused and dedicated to any Martial Arts Discipline. Sad really because it has so many benefits. It's similar to people not understanding the Fishing Bug , , , , and just being immature and having a go at you , , , , hey, it's our thing, just because it isn't you thing , , , , you should be all sweet with it

Cheers, Bugmaster of hardly anything :(
Doing martial arts is much better than doing nothing, hanging around shady places or doing something bad somewhere the family dont know of.

Haters gonna hate I guess. I get that a lot lately and some got into me and I got upset. Worse is, they're enjoying it that I got upset. It can happen instantly. That's when real care from family and friends is needed. You provide that to your family. You're a good man Mr Bug.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm
John Dory wrote:
Am a master at NoCanDo.
I didn’t get into as a kid though, wish i did now. Used to go all the tournaments with him.
Sweet, good on him , , , , and great that the grasshopper went to his Tournaments.

Haha it’s a very ancient discipline.
Did some kickboxing training for a bit, loved it, had my shoulder dislocated and that put me off it, couldn’t afford to be off work with injuries. Might do it again one day but stay out of sparring.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:18 am
Seb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am
Lightningx wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 am
I wish I never gave up martial arts as well but other things took priority at the time...
Never know I might start it up again
I wish I didn't give up a lot of things, but fishing came to my life, the priority changed dramatically.
:rofl: :water: :banana:
Not a bad priority at all.
So where are you off fishing next? I had plans to go today but my mate cancelled. Isn’t feeling well. Resting at home and too much on for me for the rest of the week so looks like no fishing for me till sometime next week :(
I'm pretty impulsive and make impulse decision often, lol.
Maybe take karate lesson indoor with heater lol
Or indoor archery range, tried few times, pretty fun. Was very close to do serious archery, but then again, there's fishing... :rofl:
Having said that I might be able to MAYBE squeeze in a quick lb session for some salmons flicking plastics locally hehe

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 pm

John Dory wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm
John Dory wrote:
Am a master at NoCanDo.

Haha it’s a very ancient discipline.
Did some kickboxing training for a bit, loved it, had my shoulder dislocated and that put me off it, couldn’t afford to be off work with injuries. Might do it again one day but stay out of sparring.

Hey John D , , , , something low imapct is Taebo by Billy , , , , Billy Blanks (nice name :-D )

Taebo cardio.PNG
Taebo cardio.PNG (136.12 KiB) Viewed 1586 times

It says "Cardio Explosion"

Taebo.PNG

Well looking at the class , , , , my heart is racing already , , , , if you join and you need a Wingman , , , , I mean , , , , Sparing Partner ;-)

Cheers, Billy Bug , , , , definitely no Blanks here :-D

CannonsJS
Has liked: 70 times

Post by CannonsJS » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm

I'm big on Martial Arts as well.

I started off with BJJ at Dominance in Richmond. After around 5 years there I took a year off, then got back into it again doing BJJ and Muay Thai at Combat MMA and Fitness in Richmond. That was only for around 12mnth, when I moved to Surrey Hills and joined Hammers Gym doing mainly BJJ, and a bit of Muay Thai.

Now having moved to Lakes Entrance I train and teach BJJ at Bairnsdale MMA twice a week.

Here's a pic of us out of the local paper after a recent grading.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:47 pm

I like this Bugs. Doing stuff with your family keeps everyone close.

I don't do Martial arts, but me and my brother do a lot of dirt bike riding together through various state forests. Also we do a bit of pig and deer hunting together with my old man making memories ill have for the rest of my life.

Cheers, Anth

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:47 pm

I don't do Martial arts, but me and my brother do a lot of dirt bike riding together through various state forests. Also we do a bit of pig and deer hunting together with my old man making memories ill have for the rest of my life.

Cheers, Anth
Been so long since I've ridden. Poor old 300 has done nothing but collect dust in the shed :oops:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Cheers, Anth
Been so long since I've ridden. Poor old 300 has done nothing but collect dust in the shed :oops:
You're more than welcome to come for a ride anytime you want mate.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 pm

I don't know karate....but I move like a ninja when I come home late from the pub

Return to “Off Topic Forum”