Target One Million....is it working?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Target One Million....is it working?

Post by purple5ive » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:18 am

Yeah being privately owned . I'm sure someone who has more insight into it will fill us in..

Stony point an upgrade or an actual new ramp?

I wish they put one at flinders. Imagine the game fishing that could get done from down there if the fisheries are getting better with time..

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:00 am

So 'privately owned/leased ramps' must be exempt from new legislation (which makes sense)....suppose the upside to this is that the pay for use ramps will be less congested than the free ones. Come snapper season I think it might be worth the fee if it means I'm not sitting in a queue for an hour+ to launch the boat.

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:10 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:35 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:13 pm
smile0784 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:54 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:30 pm

If your going to.launch once a year then no it wont make a difference..
I launch about 10 to 15 times a year and won't make a difference to me when the cost of driving to a free ramp will be more them paying the fees lol
Lol that’s not many times at all in a year mate.
exactly!!!

some guys fish atleast once a week. and if not for a season pass its a big amount of $$$ to pay when its $15 a launch..
the fisheries would not have taken this into consideration (free ramps) if it didnt make a decent impact on the boating part of victorian fisherman..
places like patto, warneet and stony point are the ones that will still be paid afaik... and if those are the ones that people predominantly use then nothing will change for those guys...

FYI - i would pay if it can gurantee me no waiting times and no shitfights specially during peak times!!
Why are patto, warneet, stony point exempt from the new legislation (they are all on crown land)?
From what I've been told and understand Patto will be Free Launching with Launching Way being employed in a Traffic Control situation.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:49 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:30 pm
They promoting people to go fishing but are they increasing the facilities and area that people can fish from? Or d9 every one just have to share
This. ^^ ... I agree...I am not convinced that there is a porportional increase in new facilities, or improvement to existing facilities.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:47 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:38 pm
rb85 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:13 pm
Have noticed a lot more people boating/fishing Blue Rock be a combination of Bass stocking, Boat restrictions lifted and the consequential reports in social media.
Blue rock is a big exception for sure.. it has been in the spot light for a few years now specially with the restrictions on boats been lifted and increased stockings..
Gone are the days of the locals having the place to themselves catching all the secret bass that were there...
and the newly opened western lakes will follow the same fate..
My view on Blue Rock is it isn’t a problem people fishing there all our licenses contribute to stocking the main thing is people adhere to the rules and respect other fishos kayak land based and boat.

Tim399
Has liked: 258 times

Post by Tim399 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:52 pm

It would be good if we could see a running total somewhere of the number of participants or licence holders of the “one million”.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:52 pm
It would be good if we could see a running total somewhere of the number of participants or licence holders of the “one million”.
There is no exact way to determine this I would think. Not all people fishing require a license. And I have heard a rumour that the rise in licenced fishos may not be that dramatic.
Cheers
Jim

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Apparently altona is free and ticket machine is gone.

Can anyone comfirm this.....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Interesting if true

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:33 pm

April Fool wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:52 pm
There is no exact way to determine this I would think. Not all people fishing require a license. And I have heard a rumour that the rise in licenced fishos may not be that dramatic.
Cheers
Jim
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that there hasn't been a big increase in the number of fishos. Where are all the Target 1 Million press releases published? Through channels that people who already fish use. Not exactly the best place if you want to bring new people into the sport.

If they actually wanted more fishermen they'd be putting ads up in schools and **** like that.

IMO it's a strategy aimed at the fishing/hunting clique of fairly conservative blue collar types to convince them not to split off to the shooters and fishers party. Whether that is actually the case or not, I hope the plan fails miserably to reach it's target because half the accessible spots are already crowded as **** and I hate to think what it's be like with 20-30% more flogs trying to catch a fish. Not to mention the extra pressure on the fish populations.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “General”