Re: Mornington Pier - 9/6/2019

Post by Sebb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 pm

whambamsam wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm
Hi Wham,
Nice report mate.
During winter I usually always target salmons but it’s also a great time to chase squid and gars as well.
I used to do really well with the gars from the local piers especially from mordialloc during the day and at night as well at this time of the year :) just make sure you take a simple bread crumb burley mix and use some good floats.
Cheers :thumbsup:
appreciate the tip! haven't tried targeting gars yet - are there any particular weather + water conditions to look out for?
Flat calm days for gars. Use breadcrumbs burley.
Pretty fun to catch them on a light gear, small hook under a float.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 pm

You can chase Gummies in winter too. They do slow down a bit in Winter but still get them.
I only fish WPB for them but there are blokes here who target them in various parts of PPB
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:05 am

whambamsam wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm
Hi Wham,
Nice report mate.
During winter I usually always target salmons but it’s also a great time to chase squid and gars as well.
I used to do really well with the gars from the local piers especially from mordialloc during the day and at night as well at this time of the year :) just make sure you take a simple bread crumb burley mix and use some good floats.
Cheers :thumbsup:
appreciate the tip! haven't tried targeting gars yet - are there any particular weather + water conditions to look out for?
I pretty much go whenever it’s fairly calm. However I have caught plenty when there has been a slight chop as well but it’s harder to read your float when it’s like that so I prefer the nice calm conditions. Have usually always done best around a high tide but having said that have caught them during all stages of the tide as well.
Hope that helps a bit :)

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”