Your best looking catch.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Brownie

Your best looking catch.

Post by Brownie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi guys, posted the same around the site upgrade and it seems to have gone, here it is again.
Your best looking catch. Fish, crab, yabby or anything fishy. Fresh, salt, carp the lot. Have seen some great examples of all over my years fishing but not recorded others catches or enough of my own, much before phone cameras and digitals. Throw em up if you have any, love to see them.
This is a trout I got, around 3 to 5 yrs ago. Caught bigger but as soon as I saw this gem on the end of my line I was desperate to land it. Big relief when it was in the net. 2 1/2 to 3 lb.
1.5 kg Brown.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Your best looking catch.

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Brownie wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm
Hi guys, posted the same around the site upgrade and it seems to have gone, here it is again.
Your best looking catch. Fish, crab, yabby or anything fishy. Fresh, salt, carp the lot. Have seen some great examples of all over my years fishing but not recorded others catches or enough of my own, much before phone cameras and digitals. Throw em up if you have any, love to see them.
This is a trout I got, around 3 to 5 yrs ago. Caught bigger but as soon as I saw this gem on the end of my line I was desperate to land it. Big relief when it was in the net. 2 1/2 to 3 lb.
1.5 kg Brown.jpg
That’s a stunning looking fish mate :thumbsup:

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Brownie wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm
1.5 kg Brown.jpg
That’s a stunning looking fish mate :thumbsup:
Thanks mate, got it on one of my few Squidgy paddle tails that didn't have a wonky tail. Tomatoe something or other colour.

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm

That’s a ripper fish there Brownie :thumbsup:

My best Redfin, caught at Lake Wendouree. A mate bought a few of those cheapo “pen rods” for a laugh, casting a small hard body the tiddly rod buckled then the fish put up a good fight trying to tangle me in the rowing lanes. It was a fatty that went 46.5cm.
EFADB687-18F7-44EC-8D66-3CBBDCCD6FCD.jpeg
I flogged that tiny combo on my next few outings managing to land pinkies, flathead, squid and a gummy. It did surprisingly well until the plastic reel seized up.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Ah i remember this post and i replied with these two photos of most beautiful fish i caught few years ago.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1549533980563.jpg
FB_IMG_1549533943073.jpg

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm

My best Redfin, caught at Lake Wendouree. A mate bought a few of those cheapo “pen rods” for a laugh, casting a small hard body the tiddly rod buckled then the fish put up a good fight trying to tangle me in the rowing lanes. It was a fatty that went 46.5cm.

I flogged that tiny combo on my next few outings managing to land pinkies, flathead, squid and a gummy. It did surprisingly well until the plastic reel seized up.
Nice reddie mate, great eating too. They get nicley coloured when they get up that size, good catch mate. :thumbsup:
Seb85 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 pm
Ah i remember this post and i replied with these two photos of most beautiful fish i caught few years ago.
How's the blue, flouro/iridescent, magic the colours of some things in nature.
The trout? Brook trout? Never caught one of those. But whatever it is its a looker mate.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Tim399 wrote:

Wow now that’s a Redfin! Nice :thumbsup:

fishaholic
Has liked: 23 times

Post by fishaholic » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Not my photo but it's one I found on the interwebs that really stood out for capturing a moment of sheer joy!
doa.jpg
Here's another again not mine, but great colours!
66517_114920535334947_900616162_n.jpg

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Brownie wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 pm
Tim399 wrote:

Nice reddie mate, great eating too. They get nicley coloured when they get up that size, good catch mate. :thumbsup:
Seb85 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 pm
How's the blue, flouro/iridescent, magic the colours of some things in nature.
The trout? Brook trout? Never caught one of those. But whatever it is its a looker mate.
Yup a brook trout ;-)

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:07 pm

This was my best ever looking wild brown trout taken in a river, caught & released this 8 lb 8 oz brown on the last day of the trout season.
Two days earlier I caught a 5 lb 4 oz wild brown trout in the same river.. I probably have a few rainbow trout that are just as good in looks too..

cheers
Adrian
One very solid 3.85 kg brown..(Medium).JPG
Head shot of my best ever wild brown trout from a river..
My PB brown trout 3.85 kgs, Leven River, 29th April. (Medium).JPG
Full length photo of the 8 lb 8 oz wild brown trout..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “General”