Fisherman’s beach kayak fishing

Jucfishing

Fisherman’s beach kayak fishing

Post by Jucfishing » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Hey everyone,
I recently got a kayak from capacity sports in Melbourne as an early birthday present and tommorow sounds like it will be calm enough to take it out a fisherman’s beach in Torquay. I have beached fished from there but I’m unsure on where to go on a kayak if I want to catch mainly whiting and squid and maybe snapper. Cheers :victory:

Lecterfan

Re: Fisherman’s beach kayak fishing

Post by Lecterfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Hey mate - I can't guarantee it, and I am super new to the whole game, but I am thinking of having a go at this same spot tomorrow due to low winds and good tides. I have a grey 3.6m Viking Profish GT with an orange hi-vis flag, so if you see me around 10-11am come and say gday. I am intending to head straight out from and drift with bait for whiting/flatties/whatever.

Jucfishing

Post by Jucfishing » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Lecterfan wrote:Hey mate - I can't guarantee it, and I am super new to the whole game, but I am thinking of having a go at this same spot tomorrow due to low winds and good tides. I have a grey 3.6m Viking Profish GT with an orange hi-vis flag, so if you see me around 10-11am come and say gday. I am intending to head straight out from and drift with bait for whiting/flatties/whatever.
Nice! I’ll probably surf early and maybe just get in by 11 hopefully. Hope to see you out there!

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:30 am

Hey Juc,
Fish in exactly the same spot you are fishing on the beach, just a bit further out, you will see the drop off as you paddle out just look for the weed patches and get stuck into them (this is left of the ramp looking out to sea)

Return to “Kayak Fishing”