Advice Needed on Boat Modifications

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
karlws1

Advice Needed on Boat Modifications

Post by karlws1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi, I am looking for some general guidance from those that know. I am 64 and I am looking to relocate to the Bellarine Peninsula. I intend on fishing for whiting, snapper and squid at this point in time. Anyway age is starting to take its toll, so I am now looking at getting a anchor winch installed on my 5M Stacer. Which now brings me to my point. I am guessing that I will need to have the anchor well on the front of my alloy widened and reinforced to accommodate the Lone Star GX2 I am thinking about. So as I live in the Western Suburbs here in Melbourne, can anyone recommend a good fabricator to carry out the modifications I need? I have no idea so all input would be most welcome.
Thanks
Karl

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Advice Needed on Boat Modifications

Post by Mattblack » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:36 pm

GX1 will be plenty big enough....Nudeup and Trumpeter will steer you in the right direction for fabrication and install (I think they have recommend places around Williamstown in the past)

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:45 pm

There used to be Custom boats in Laverton but not sure if its still going or Alan has retired

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 am

I just had a Quintrex Dory 410 with a GX1 on it with a No1 SARCA Anchor,I put an alloy plate over the top of the well and then mounted the unit on top of that-Cost $10 for a plate from Scrap Merchant
Used this guy about 100 times before getting new boat
Worked a treat

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Dennis is on the money the beauty of the drum winch it doesn’t need an anchor well for the rope. Where on the bellarine do you intend to retire to

karlws1

Post by karlws1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:57 am

Hi all thank you for the input it is greatly appreciated. As to where I plan to retire to on the Bellarine. I will be heading towards St. Leonards and I will be located about 3 minutes from the boat ramp :-)

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:51 am

karlws wrote:Hi all thank you for the input it is greatly appreciated. As to where I plan to retire to on the Bellarine. I will be heading towards St. Leonards and I will be located about 3 minutes from the boat ramp :-)
You will probably bump into Dennis I think he is down that way. I have a few years to go yet but will be in portarlington

Return to “General”