Merimbula Fishing Charter Recommendations

New South Wales Fishing Reports
WayneK

Merimbula Fishing Charter Recommendations

Post by WayneK » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are taking our boys on a holiday to Merimbula next April. The pair of them are fishing mad we'll be LB fishing every day - beach and estuary. II'd like to take them out on a charter, one day, from either Merimbula or Eden (or anywhere else that's recommended). Question is, who is a good charter operator to book a morning with? I'm open to suggestions. FYI, the boys routinely target gummy's, so they've got their 6-10 kg rods and 4000 sized reels with 10 kg line (we like fishing 'light'). Do I need to increase the line strength? or should we just fish with the supplied rods and reels? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Wayne

Windknot
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Merimbula Fishing Charter Recommendations

Post by Windknot » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:03 am

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attracti ... Wales.html

I've never used them, but my mate has and he highly recommends them. Their reviews on the above link are excellent.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:40 am

Dunno, but if you find a good one take a snap of the Nav details and send it to me ;) I'll be at that spot over new years :rofl:

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:18 pm

I did one just recently, there were two boats doing reef charters I went on the Ratilin II, the other boat looked a bit more modern and professional though. We just went out on the reefs, fishing was slow but we caught snapper, sweep, baracoutta, rock cod, flathead and a few other weird species that we threw back. Depends on what time of year you go but in the spring you will see humback whales flopping around on the surface like fur seals, the beasts are everywhere.

All ways fishin

Post by All ways fishin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:35 am

I’d check out the fishing carters Facebook pages to see what they are catching, but rathlin II seems to always get a mixed bag of fish and they have been getting gummies lately.check em out on there Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/Rathlinllcharters/
Cheers :cheers:

Return to “New South Wales”