BCF/ANACONDA Branded Fishing Apparel-why?

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Re: BCF/ANACONDA Branded Fishing Apparel-why?

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:46 am

I wouldnt buy one. But ill sure wear a free one.

get something from kathmandu or north face for the same price or lower when on sale
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:37 pm

I have to wear long sleeve shirts with my pommie white skin I wait till bcf/ anaconda hooked on line have clearouts and pick them up for $10 to $20 dollars and Iif I get ink on them I dont care as they are only used when fishing

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:31 pm

Kids bought me a Daiwa and Savage Gear one for Christmas last year - I wear them around, doesn't really bother me.
Mind you 99% of my clothing comes via birthday and Christmas presents.....I'm general to stingy to buy cloths myself :)

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:57 pm

I wear branded fishing shirts, they have all come from family members as presents and I think they enjoy seeing me wearing it when I bring them some fish on the way home. I know a few people that have them and they are all gifts. The main buyer market for these might not be fishos at all. What would you get someone that is a keen passionate fisho but you know nothing about fishing at all yourself? A fishing shirt those “pro’s” wear! Since they were a gift I enjoy wearing them more so.The first one I got was a “big fish” branded shirt which is really good, then I got a couple of bcf and tackleworld shirts given to me afterwards. To be honest i would enjoy the shirts the same if they were plain with no branding.

My two cents :)

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 pm

i have two the first has the shimano hagane logo got that free when i purchased a shimano nasci reel the second one is the anaconda one with all the logos got that free with another purchase dont wear them to often abit to lary for me

WayneK

Post by WayneK » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the 'sponsorship' world that we now live in. My 10 year old son was very happy (and so was I) when my wife and I bought him a Richmond Football Club jumper without the sponsorship branding on it. It saved us almost $40 on the 'branded' equivalent and, as a bonus, it hasn't become dated, yet! Having said that, I did buy my boys BCF long sleeve fishing tops because they wanted 'fishing' tops that protected them from the sun and weren't too hot to wear in summer. I guess I relinquished, somewhat, because the tops were on special and I wanted my boys to be protected from the sun. Personally, I don't wear that kind of stuff but they are kids and they love clothing that makes a statement about their interest in fishing. I guess that, in their minds, they're telling the world that they are fishermen and proud of it.

Duffman

Post by Duffman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:32 pm

I love this hoodie and the picture on it. Buy all sorts of branded gear and this is just part of it. Only get quality when the price is right. Some people like it and some don't. Each to their own. :Boxing:

Duffman

Post by Duffman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Resized_20181108_202346.jpeg

Duffman

Post by Duffman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Helps if you add the picture to your post, numnuts!

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:28 pm

It’s all about function for me.. Columbia make great shirts, dry very quickly and protect very well against the sun.. and their brand name is subtle on the shirt.. very durable too

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”