All be careful so sad what happened ladt night

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: All be careful so sad what happened ladt night

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 am

Basti wrote:Having been given an unexpected swim off Newhaven jetty a few years ago I've learnt to be wary when fishing piers alone. Middle of the run out, around 2 am in winter. Luckily I can swim and luckily they were gone by the time I i climbed back up. Ropeable
Thats shocking.
Did they take.your gear?

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:53 am

laneends wrote:Given most fishos will have a knife with them, someones is likely to get knifed.

Newhaven pier is not one you want to fall off either
Yep someone is just asking for.trouble

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:22 am

Basti wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Basti wrote:Having been given an unexpected swim off Newhaven jetty a few years ago I've learnt to be wary when fishing piers alone. Middle of the run out, around 2 am in winter. Luckily I can swim and luckily they were gone by the time I i climbed back up. Ropeable
Wow

Any more details? And any particular reason why?
No idea why, could have easily killed me if I couldn't swim. Couple of local teenagers, bored or jealous (I had a Snapper on the board from earlier in the day and they struck out)? I'd be guessing. They asked if I could come over to shine my head torch on something in the water and one distracted me while the other pushed me in from behind. Didn't steal any of My gear. Cops didn't find anything or anyone, having rocked up 40min later.

I had a good rant to Mr. Plod while standing in a towel shivering my ass off. Filed a report and never got a follow-up
Perhaps they mistook you for a bream fisherman?

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am

Mattblack wrote:
Basti wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Wow

No idea why, could have easily killed me if I couldn't swim. Couple of local teenagers, bored or jealous (I had a Snapper on the board from earlier in the day and they struck out)? I'd be guessing. They asked if I could come over to shine my head torch on something in the water and one distracted me while the other pushed me in from behind. Didn't steal any of My gear. Cops didn't find anything or anyone, having rocked up 40min later.

I had a good rant to Mr. Plod while standing in a towel shivering my ass off. Filed a report and never got a follow-up
Perhaps they mistook you for a bream fisherman?
Where they another Caucasian crime gang.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Basti wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Wow

Thats Not good at all man, not everyone that are fishing on a pier or boat can swim.. and the current is pretty fast down there too, lucky you could swim..

time for a kayak i think or a boat

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:10 pm

purple5ive wrote:
time for a kayak i think or a boat
In the works
rb85 wrote:

Where they another Caucasian crime gang.
100% crime gang. I'd even go as far as to say crime syndicate
Mattblack wrote: Perhaps they mistook you for a bream fisherman?
Easy mistake to make
smile0784 wrote:
Thats shocking.
Did they take.your gear?
Nope it was untouched, which made it even more difficult to understand why

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm

Wrong place at the wrong time it sounds like...

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Probably

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:26 pm

thats no good at all your the second person that ive heard of this happening i was fishing during the day last month got chatting to a nice old guy 60+ he told me his wife wont let him fish at night cause one of his mates was fishing and some young guys thought it would be funny to push him off the pier into the water lucky he was okay

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:58 pm

Damm idiots with no respect

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”