Daiwa

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Daiwa

Post by bowl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Saltist Nero they have 4500 series 1 at anaconda for 100$.
I have 2

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Really appreciate the posts, especially redfish14 who put what I needed to hear in laymens terms for someone that isn't a fish gear guru

Redfish14

Post by Redfish14 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks kimtown and good luck with the purchase. Remember money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy fishing gear and it’s basically the same thing!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 am

Redfish14 wrote:There really is no comparison to the gosa, it’s the clear leader in the segment. Saltists are upgraded BG’s with magseal shaft, line roller and Airbail. The gosa is cheaper than a saltist, sealed and has stronger gears. The bg is no slouch and a terrific reel for the price, it’s just a lower price point reel than the gosa.

For a comparison to a Sedona try the new exceler lt reels. They’re the new spool sizing and model. I haven’t tried one myself but would be my pick of the cheaper daiwas
Bog standard Saltists don't have mag seal but the Saltist Nero does...

For offshore reels
BG - Spheros
Saltist Nero - Saragosa
Catalina - Twinpower
Saltiga - Stella

Light spin
Sienna - Revros
Sedona - Aird or new Excellor
Nasci - Gen Black
Stradic - Sol
Stradic ci4 - Luvias
Twinpower - Certate
Exsence/Stella - Exist/Steez

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 am

Kimtown wrote:Dont know much about Daiwa models.. used a friends one on the weekend and it was really nice. Might look into them. Can someone make a direct comparison to Shimanos?
What in the spin series is equivalent to Saragossa and Sedonas? How is the quality and durability compared to Shimano/Penn?

Also any other brands worth looking at other than Shimano/Penn (which are all my current spin reels)
Daiwa and shimano are the big players in the market. They own their own factories and have better design and research capabilities. Some other brands get their reels from genrric factories that make reels and put their branding on them.
I have generally liked Daiwa for rods and Shimano for reels but the new LT series seem really nice and have larger and improved main gears. Their sizes now fall in line with Shimano sizes. I bought a Daiwa Exceller 2000 LT recently and am impressed by the build quality for a $120 reel. Will need to see how it goes long term.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:57 am

cobby wrote:
Redfish14 wrote:There really is no comparison to the gosa, it’s the clear leader in the segment. Saltists are upgraded BG’s with magseal shaft, line roller and Airbail. The gosa is cheaper than a saltist, sealed and has stronger gears. The bg is no slouch and a terrific reel for the price, it’s just a lower price point reel than the gosa.

For a comparison to a Sedona try the new exceler lt reels. They’re the new spool sizing and model. I haven’t tried one myself but would be my pick of the cheaper daiwas
All current model saltist ( saltist, saltist LTD and Saltist Nero) have magseal.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am

The way it pretty much stands is. For sub $350ish reels Shimano is spanking daiwa. Above that it’s pretty break even. 5 years ago it was a different story but daiwa has lost its way a touch and Shimano have left them for dead.

As for the others. They are miles off.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am

purple5ive wrote:
cobby wrote:

All current model saltist ( saltist, saltist LTD and Saltist Nero) have magseal.
They've gotta get onto their website then.

Magseal :down: we really need an eye roll smiley in here

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:25 am

cobby wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
cobby wrote:

They've gotta get onto their website then.

Magseal :down: we really need an eye roll smiley in here
yeah its on there, just not on the preview.

i agree about the magseal, i dont buy my daiwa reels for that though, if its there well and good, otherwise its no biggie..

and agree with ducky too, shimano have been releasing some decent stuff recently.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:33 am

Ok it sounds like I should just stick to saving up for a gosa

Thanks guys lel

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”