Isnt this crap.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Isnt this crap.

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 pm

gregmaka wrote:Are you interested in learning a new trade [SMILE] I taught 2 of my brothers a trade in less than 6 months.Twenty years later i think they know the trade better than me.
What did you reach i 6 months?

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Only trade I could think of for 6 months would be..... nah actually I got nothing :rofl: :rofl:

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:21 pm

phil1818 wrote:
gregmaka wrote:Are you interested in learning a new trade [SMILE] I taught 2 of my brothers a trade in less than 6 months.Twenty years later i think they know the trade better than me.
What trade can be trained up in 6 months???
Think the answer is here in his previous post on the same thread:
gregmaka wrote:I got sacked 5 years ago because i told a worker i had a terminal illness,and they told the bosses.I always worked weekends when no one did for years,just to keep the company afloat. They did not tell me they were sacking me,they just told me there was not much work.I was a licenced wall and floor tile layer 32 years.
That's a very generous offer there and if it was me in the same position - definitely be looking into it.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:25 pm

VooDoo wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
What trade can be trained up in 6 months???
Think the answer is here in his previous post on the same thread:
gregmaka wrote:I got sacked 5 years ago because i told a worker i had a terminal illness,and they told the bosses.I always worked weekends when no one did for years,just to keep the company afloat. They did not tell me they were sacking me,they just told me there was not much work.I was a licenced wall and floor tile layer 32 years.
That's a very generous offer there and if it was me in the same position - definitely be looking into it.
Yeh fair call I forgot tiling was a trade, I’d say 6 months would be way to long could be qualified in that within a week :thumbsup:

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:22 am

If you are mechanically minded and a person that is willing to learn,you should be able to pick up on certain trades only. Tiling,painting,plastering,concreting,and heeps more.In city apartments there are approx 10-20 square meters of tiles to lay.Straight forward stuff.An armature is not going to lay 600 by 600 marble or stone on his or her first day.They start off doing small easy jobs,and gradually move on to bigger things. Believe me when i tell you,i have seen ppl go to Bunnings,buy a few tools and claim that they are a professional tradesman,they might fxxx a few jobs along the way,but they most probable stick to simple tasks and plotter along. I will download some pix of jobs to show you what i mean. All it takes is to get a foot in the right door and you could earning 100k p.a .Some ppl are happy to be a factory worker all their lives,and that's fine as well i guess.Did you know most likely an apprentice is working on your car,and the works arn't always checked properly.I am only telling you what i have witnessed in 3 decades [don't say comments like i did not know tiling was even a trade] I supported a family without my wife working,and even changed sh---y nappies.All i am saying that you are never too old to start a new career.Take in as much as possible from your teachers ,don't say no to difficult tasks and don't complain so much.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:53 am

gregmaka wrote:If you are mechanically minded and a person that is willing to learn,you should be able to pick up on certain trades only. Tiling,painting,plastering,concreting,and heeps more.In city apartments there are approx 10-20 square meters of tiles to lay.Straight forward stuff.An armature is not going to lay 600 by 600 marble or stone on his or her first day.They start off doing small easy jobs,and gradually move on to bigger things. Believe me when i tell you,i have seen ppl go to Bunnings,buy a few tools and claim that they are a professional tradesman,they might fxxx a few jobs along the way,but they most probable stick to simple tasks and plotter along. I will download some pix of jobs to show you what i mean. All it takes is to get a foot in the right door and you could earning 100k p.a .Some ppl are happy to be a factory worker all their lives,and that's fine as well i guess.Did you know most likely an apprentice is working on your car,and the works arn't always checked properly.I am only telling you what i have witnessed in 3 decades [don't say comments like i did not know tiling was even a trade] I supported a family without my wife working,and even changed sh---y nappies.All i am saying that you are never too old to start a new career.Take in as much as possible from your teachers ,don't say no to difficult tasks and don't complain so much.
Its only a trade if they completed an apprenticeship
Cert III floor and wall tiling.
Can only enrol once you have a training contract with employer i.e. An apprenticeship.
The watering down of trades by people claiming to be tradesman is just crap.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:44 pm

True that

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Totally agree with you rb85,
It's like a reflection of a lot of things these days, short attention span millennials, part time jobs, quick (government backed) training courses giving you some bull$hit degree or certification.
Ohh don't get me started.
Anyway best of luck smile0784, hopefully with some contacts, good luck and effort you fall on your feet. You never know where a new direction will lead you.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Very true :thumbsup:

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:25 am

Thank's for some of the nice private messages i received ,i did not relay get my point across on what i was trying to say,it doesn't matter you would have needed to work in 2 or 3 states in Australia,to understand my point anyway.In NSW and QLD ,no trade licence and you will not be able to trade direct with domestic housing.To obtain a trade licence you need to jump over a few hoops first. Police check,apprenticeship papers,or trade certificate,also must have equity in your own home or liquid money approx 60k ,so if something should go wrong with your work at your fault the gov has money to retreive. As in VIC it does not work this way.You will not be able to renew your licence in QLD or NSW if you have a fault to your name.This is a much fairer system in my opinion[This is why i said what i said about trading in Victoria,you can bull------ your way in and have your house robbed while a so called tradesman works on your house,because he was not police checked. Enough of this crap anyway,its like i don't comment on catching Tuna,as i have no experience catching them .[but yet i have seen on this forum ppl that have never caught tuna give advice like an expert]

PS Elephant fish has been caught at Station pier in the last 3 weeks.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”