What would you do to become debt free?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: What would you do to become debt free?

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:50 pm

phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:Without going down the path of personally talking about anyones individual circumstances it's got me stumped why people are in debt to not only have their primary place of residence but then another investment property or 3 on the side. Being in so much debt must not be good for peoples stress levels etc.

Any decision to relocate is obviously a personal one with many factors to consider but little to no mortgage is always a plus lets face it life is for living as much as you can.
Having investment properties is how you get ahead, it cost bugger all more because you have a tenant in them paying most of the mortgage then years down the track when you sell them and have more money then you know what to do with then it’s well worth it
In all due respect Phil I don’t think it’s the best place to be debating investment strategies going to agree to disagree and opt out of this one. As without calculating all the cost factors and comparing it to other investments we won’t be proving anything.
In all due respect you brought it up by saying it’s got you stumped, iam not wanting to debate it at all just my opinion that’s its worked out very very well for me that’s all
Not just for you, it has for me as well. Very well :)

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Lightningx wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:Without going down the path of personally talking about anyones individual circumstances it's got me stumped why people are in debt to not only have their primary place of residence but then another investment property or 3 on the side. Being in so much debt must not be good for peoples stress levels etc.

Any decision to relocate is obviously a personal one with many factors to consider but little to no mortgage is always a plus lets face it life is for living as much as you can.
Having investment properties is how you get ahead, it cost bugger all more because you have a tenant in them paying most of the mortgage then years down the track when you sell them and have more money then you know what to do with then it’s well worth it
In all due respect Phil I don’t think it’s the best place to be debating investment strategies going to agree to disagree and opt out of this one. As without calculating all the cost factors and comparing it to other investments we won’t be proving anything.
In all due respect you brought it up by saying it’s got you stumped, iam not wanting to debate it at all just my opinion that’s its worked out very very well for me that’s all
Me too never lost money on bricks and mortar

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Just recently had the mortgage noose lifted, I thought about re-investing but after seeing my dads health deteriorate and he is only in his early 70's. I'm just going to enjoy life while I'm still able to do it as life is too short. I've pumped my super over the years and will continue to do so and that should cover me nicely when I get to retirement age.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 am

Nude up wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
Let me guess all Baby Boomers?
How’s the prospect of buying a house now for people starting out in life?
Circumstances change so it’s still got me stumped Phil just because it worked for a generation who enjoyed unprecedented growth doesn’t mean it will for the next.

I’ll enjoy owning my own home and make positive geared investments.

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:23 am

rb85 wrote:
Nude up wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Let me guess all Baby Boomers?
How’s the prospect of buying a house now for people starting out in life?
Circumstances change so it’s still got me stumped Phil just because it worked for a generation who enjoyed unprecedented growth doesn’t mean it will for the next.

I’ll enjoy owning my own home and make positive geared investments.
Wrong again mate iam 30 years old own my own place out right already off the back of investment property no help from Mum and dad all self made.. worked for a number of generations now and always will

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:30 am

A modern day property tycoon all off the back of negative geared properties good on you and the tax payer.

Glad to say same result no help but different path work.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 am

Marty.A wrote:Just recently had the mortgage noose lifted, I thought about re-investing but after seeing my dads health deteriorate and he is only in his early 70's. I'm just going to enjoy life while I'm still able to do it as life is too short. I've pumped my super over the years and will continue to do so and that should cover me nicely when I get to retirement age.
All the best with your Dad Marty. I’m doing the same salary sacrificing. The wonders of compounding

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 am

rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:

It’s a very effective way to get ahead, the last 20 years has shown that... but only as long as house prices keep growing, which is not guaranteed
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 am

rb85 wrote:A modern day property tycoon all off the back of negative geared properties good on you and the tax payer.

Glad to say same result no help but different path work.
You really are a peanut mate clearly bitter

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 am

Hosery wrote:I'd say pros far out weigh the cons. No idea exactly where abouts you are but its only 3.5 hours to Melbourne from lakes. Debt free or close to. Better neck of the woods. Better fishing without millions of people casting over you. Bush and beach on your door step what more could you want.

Or even better buy my house so I can get another and go further in debt :rofl:
Im in pakenham lol
Better fishing always a pro but not the main reason for moving

Return to “Off Topic Forum”