Snapper at docklands

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
barwonboy

Re: Snapper at docklands

Post by barwonboy » Sun May 06, 2018 8:14 pm

LINwAd wrote:
barwonboy wrote:im thinking of heading to docklands on tuesday for a fish and ill get there around 5:30-6:00 am. just wondering which baits and lures i should try. ive got pilchards and squid for bait and ive got a nice assortment of plastics so far
Most people were catching more on lures then bait, with the most popular being a curly tail soft plastic in motor oil colour.

I caught all mine with a size 1, 1/8 jig head teamed with a munroes soft plastics 2.5 inch curly tail in the caviar colour.
thanks for the tips mate, ill be sure to bring some curly tail plastics then. where abouts did ya catch yours?

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Sun May 06, 2018 8:38 pm

barwonboy wrote:
LINwAd wrote:
barwonboy wrote:im thinking of heading to docklands on tuesday for a fish and ill get there around 5:30-6:00 am. just wondering which baits and lures i should try. ive got pilchards and squid for bait and ive got a nice assortment of plastics so far
Most people were catching more on lures then bait, with the most popular being a curly tail soft plastic in motor oil colour.

I caught all mine with a size 1, 1/8 jig head teamed with a munroes soft plastics 2.5 inch curly tail in the caviar colour.
thanks for the tips mate, ill be sure to bring some curly tail plastics then. where abouts did ya catch yours?[/quotend of Cberland street to Waterside place, but went for a walk and caught in most places between myself and mates
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 pm

LINwAd wrote:Don't really know how to attach this image, but this is the average size being pulled out on lures (someone post image if you can, on phone ATM)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8220671198
Not bad at all.
Nice :thumbsup:

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 pm

LINwAd wrote:
barwonboy wrote:
LINwAd wrote:

thanks for the tips mate, ill be sure to bring some curly tail plastics then. where abouts did ya catch yours?[/quotend of Cberland street to Waterside place, but went for a walk and caught in most places between myself and mates
thanks mate ill let ya know how i go on this thread

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:15 am

Good luck mate

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Mon May 07, 2018 7:21 am

barwonboy wrote:
LINwAd wrote:
barwonboy wrote:
LINwAd wrote:

Goodluck man, just remember to keep moving around if you are not getting bites and you should be able to find one.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 7:52 am

barwonboy wrote:
LINwAd wrote:
barwonboy wrote:
LINwAd wrote:

Good luck. Hope you get onto a few :thumbsup:

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 pm

changed plans and will be hitting docklands on wednesday instead of tomorrow, lets hops i get something

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Maybe the snaps might still be there for you. Good luck!

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Tue May 08, 2018 10:17 am

Lightningx wrote:Maybe the snaps might still be there for you. Good luck!
thanks mate

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”