For Meptass & any other trout fisho

ratbag

Re: For Meptass & any other trout fisho

Post by ratbag » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:29 pm

eddyt wrote:Grabbed a few atomic hards mid and deep. Now i just need to work out how to use them haha
cast them out, wind in slow and vary the speed to see what works best on the day. Too fast & they'll run across the shallow bottom. Let them pause for 5 seconds sometimes as well. perch & bream with hit them on a slow wind, trout a bit faster.
quid est quod eum

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:30 pm

meppstas wrote:Thanks for that Ratbag, I'll check it out.. I do have some Atomic Shad 4 mid divers and shad 50 mid divers, they've caught a few trout from time to time in the Meander River too.. they're a great little lure and work really well.. at that price they're well worth picking up too..
These are just a few what I have, picked these up some time ago when MO-Tackle were having a clearance sale on them at 2 for $10-00. I bought quite a few (24 all up )of them..
cheers
Adrian
you did well Adrian! at that price they're a bargain.
quid est quod eum

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:41 pm

Never caught a fish on a floating hard body yet so total noob here. When would you use them for bream over sinking lures? Do you cast towards the middle of a lake/river or are they more for the edges and shallow patches? For example on the Tambo river or Metung

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 pm

ratbag wrote:
eddyt wrote:Grabbed a few atomic hards mid and deep. Now i just need to work out how to use them haha
cast them out, wind in slow and vary the speed to see what works best on the day. Too fast & they'll run across the shallow bottom. Let them pause for 5 seconds sometimes as well. perch & bream with hit them on a slow wind, trout a bit faster.
for bream I usually crank them (move the lure ~20cms twice in a row and then pause). Trout definitely like a bit more pace though
eddyt wrote:Never caught a fish on a floating hard body yet so total noob here. When would you use them for bream over sinking lures? Do you cast towards the middle of a lake/river or are they more for the edges and shallow patches? For example on the Tambo river or Metung
This popped up as I was writing the above.
It really depends on where the bream are sitting and feeding on as to what and where to throw. In the systems mentioned above these will work well cast around edges, shallows or snags.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 pm

Yakamito are copies of more expensive brands, across the range except for the slugs I think

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:01 pm

eddyt wrote:Never caught a fish on a floating hard body yet so total noob here. When would you use them for bream over sinking lures? Do you cast towards the middle of a lake/river or are they more for the edges and shallow patches? For example on the Tambo river or Metung
That's pretty unusual not catching any on a floating hard body as the majority of my trout caught on hard body lures have all been on hard body lures..
As for bream, well I can't comment as I don't fish for them.. What I have seen on the fishing shows the bream are mainly caught on sinking & suspending lures as well as soft plastics..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Speaking of which. Adrian, do you ever use soft plastics on trout?

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:Speaking of which. Adrian, do you ever use soft plastics on trout?
No have never bothered to try them, I know they do work well on the trout too but I catch enough on the Mepps spinners & small hard body lures..
I carry seven lure boxes in my fishing vest now and that's plenty enough for me.. :-D :-D I could probably halve the amount of lures I carry in the vest as well.. ;-)

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:08 am

I used to catch a few trout on black and gold T-tail soft plastics, about 70mm long with a tiny jighead.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 am

THE ATOMIC hardbody Lures are all suspenders bar the cranks!

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”