Bass this arvo.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Bass this arvo.

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Unforeseen circumstances messed up my plans to fish offshore today so instead headed down to blue rock for a few hours.
Fishing off my sup the drift was a little tough casting hardbodies landed a few nice sized bass as the light faded changed over to surface lures and got a good little surface session catching a few bass before paddling back to the carpark.

rb85

Re: Bass this arvo.

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:08 am

Late report last night fixed my mistakes apologies to those who read earlier.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 am

well done , your keen to chase bass on sup hahaha
any specific surface lures working well? those cicada ones wrk well there, but last time i got mine on the walk the dog styled ones

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 am

Cheers I enjoy it good for fishing and fitness the bass drag you around. The little hardbody I’m not sure it was in the tackle box so tried it before the light faded. Surface the Jackall Pompadour done the job.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Headed out again for another go was hard work due to the residual wind chop and water still being stirred up but once I found clear pockets I managed a few strikes and bass off surface lures. Nothing fantastic but fun none the less.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:07 pm

That's great. Last night certainly would have been a good outing.
Id certainly be keen to give it another crack soon.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:13 am

purple5ive wrote:That's great. Last night certainly would have been a good outing.
Id certainly be keen to give it another crack soon.
Was good fun. The winds were against me where I chose to fish still managed a couple so can't complain.

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Well done rb, Blue Rock is coming along nicely. My contacts tell me the bass stockings in the Mitchell are really working too. Haven't had a crack this year but will head out to my old haunts in the next few months.

With the Pompadours which size have you had the most success with for bass? The jelly cicadas are great in streams too, as are the Sammys and of course the old fashioned floppy. Between the cicada, sammy, floppy and a traditional popper I reckon I had my options pretty well covered but haven't tried a pompadour on bass - used them on cod and barra.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Truedogz wrote:Well done rb, Blue Rock is coming along nicely. My contacts tell me the bass stockings in the Mitchell are really working too. Haven't had a crack this year but will head out to my old haunts in the next few months.

With the Pompadours which size have you had the most success with for bass? The jelly cicadas are great in streams too, as are the Sammys and of course the old fashioned floppy. Between the cicada, sammy, floppy and a traditional popper I reckon I had my options pretty well covered but haven't tried a pompadour on bass - used them on cod and barra.

Best Wishes

Truedogz
Cheers Truedogz sure is coming on well theres some quality fish in an unreal backdrop. Can't comment from experience on Mitchell but I imagine with the stocking program there amongst other streams such as the Macalister the region is becoming a great area to target bass. Hopefully you get a few.

The micro pompadour has been all I have used its a good lure. Have used timeco cicadas they seem to attract bites from the smaller fish I suspect the pompadour is a tad large for those agro little critters. Think you will find all your lures will work but it would be good for you to add a species to the list you have caught pompadours on. Im keen to try them on ep's.

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm

rb85 wrote:Unforeseen circumstances messed up my plans to fish offshore today so instead headed down to blue rock for a few hours.
Fishing off my sup the drift was a little tough casting hardbodies landed a few nice sized bass as the light faded changed over to surface lures and got a good little surface session catching a few bass before paddling back to the carpark.
How about some photos some time, would like to see how the bass are looking and adds a touch of flair to the report

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”