Just a run of bad luck

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Just a run of bad luck

Post by smile0784 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:24 pm

CarlG wrote:
ante552 wrote:
dazz999 wrote:ante try the improved albright for braid to leader connection 10 then 5 wraps i was using 6lb brais to 10lb leader on the weekend snagged on a rock had to wrap the braid around my arm with jumper on got my jighead back the hook was bent (gamakatsu so not cheap crap)as for any mono swivel knots etc just a uni knot the best thing with the improved allbright you can tye it anywhere
Cheers dazz
Ive been watching few vids.
Guy at work showed me a few knots.
Fingers crossed on next trip :victory:
Unsure how many times I've said this, but go and buy Geoff Wilson's book of knots and rigs.
Best fishing book you will ever own.
Triple Palomar for tying braid direct to terminal tackle.

Thats how i learnt how to tue my first knots.
Now i find utube more useful lol

ante552

Re: Just a run of bad luck

Post by ante552 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:49 pm

smile0784 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
ante552 wrote:
dazz999 wrote:ante try the improved albright for braid to leader connection 10 then 5 wraps i was using 6lb brais to 10lb leader on the weekend snagged on a rock had to wrap the braid around my arm with jumper on got my jighead back the hook was bent (gamakatsu so not cheap crap)as for any mono swivel knots etc just a uni knot the best thing with the improved allbright you can tye it anywhere
Cheers dazz
Ive been watching few vids.
Guy at work showed me a few knots.
Fingers crossed on next trip :victory:
Unsure how many times I've said this, but go and buy Geoff Wilson's book of knots and rigs.
Best fishing book you will ever own.
Triple Palomar for tying braid direct to terminal tackle.

Thats how i learnt how to tue my first knots.
Now i find utube more useful lol
There are some good ones on youtube. Some take forever but everyone has their own :victory:

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”