Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

Post by hornet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:33 pm

4liters wrote:
hornet wrote:The whole thing has been a debacle from what was a fantastic plan to start with, don't tell me someone.. anyone.. be it politicians or people in the know didn't have any idea the plant was going to shut down ? the plant owners would have made their intentions known to the Victorian government well before the due date, and it still went ahead, someone or some department is responsible, this stinks of a cover up, to bad they are getting away with it and not taken to task, all the money and planning down the drain, and someone knew. It's sickening just to think about it, and they had the audacity to fine some people and not others ? in any other circumstances when would you cop a fine there ? never that's when.. that's my say.
The power station was privately owned, the government wouldn't have had any idea until the announcement was made.
I don't believe that for a nanosecond, liters, there are checks and balances required by government, forward reporting is mandatory for future supply such as essential services being one, I'm not a conspiracy theorist but all this looks very dodgy to me considering the scope of whats happened.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 am

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks for the article Will - have any members fished Hazelwood lately and if so how did they get on? Stocking trout to feed Barra - hmmmmmmm

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm

What a f ucking disaster :down:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Good to see myself and Paul Worstleing get a mention aka illegal Anglers and the 1st 80cm is a bit misleading and inaccurate.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:08 pm

What happened to the goverment keeping the water warm in tbe whole pondage?

The rainbows are all eaten so how the barra survuving??

Its turns into another goverment disaster

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm

"When the fishery was first opened, the recommendation was to eat no more than three serves of the barramundi per week.
But new guidelines around consuming chemicals ... saw that revised down to one serve per week for adults and one serve per fortnight for children"

Did fishos actually eat the fish caught there? Dunno that I'd be terribly interested in eating fish taken from water that's been circulating through a coal fired power station, and more or less under smoke stacks. Gotta die of something I guess tho...

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 am

Queasy wrote:"When the fishery was first opened, the recommendation was to eat no more than three serves of the barramundi per week.
But new guidelines around consuming chemicals ... saw that revised down to one serve per week for adults and one serve per fortnight for children"

Did fishos actually eat the fish caught there? Dunno that I'd be terribly interested in eating fish taken from water that's been circulating through a coal fired power station, and more or less under smoke stacks. Gotta die of something I guess tho...
I wouldn't eat fish out of there
Hazelwood pumped out 100's of 1000's of tonnes of "really bad stuff " per annum
There must be a clean way of using coal, we have virtually an unlimited supply

Gra

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:27 am

Queasy wrote:"When the fishery was first opened, the recommendation was to eat no more than three serves of the barramundi per week.

People eat imported crap, so it wouldn't be much different to the conditions some of that comes from.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 am

Texas wrote:

I wouldn't eat fish out of there
Hazelwood pumped out 100's of 1000's of tonnes of "really bad stuff " per annum
There must be a clean way of using coal, we have virtually an unlimited supply

Gra
“Really bad stuff” Trace metels from the pipes.

There is carbon capture technology unfortunately this will never be used at Hazelwood and the other stations don’t have pondages.

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”