WFT Gliss Monotex Hybrid Fishing Line - anyone use it?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
mingle
Has liked: 1 time

WFT Gliss Monotex Hybrid Fishing Line - anyone use it?

Post by mingle » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Does anyone here have any experience with WFT Gliss Monotex Hybrid Fishing Line?

It's been around for a while and there are conflicting reviews out there, but it does seem to have some positive features.

Mike.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: WFT Gliss Monotex Hybrid Fishing Line - anyone use it?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm

I was going to actually get some myself but am on the fence atm.
Basti has some and he said no more. So that's not a good sign. It does cast very well though

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:52 pm

It has bugger all abrasion resistance which limits its usefulness. It is probably best used for casting light lures in areas with few snags where you get the advantage of better casting distance without being exposed too badly to the poor abrasion resistance. I use the Strongline they make on a bunch of my reels though, it's supposed to be thinner than Gliss (some of those diameter claims may stretch the truth a tiny bit - although I haven't got the verniers or whatever out to check) and otherwise behaves more or less like regular braid.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:04 pm

This subject has been done before
.Ads tried it during our South Oz trip, It's total bo11ock5.
Don't buy it.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:00 pm

probably only good for flats fishing. like ian said, pretty low abrasion resistance. floats like a mofo so annoying in wind, current etc with a light lure on. casts well and is strong in a straight line. knots are reasonably strong and easy to tie. overall, it's decent line but if your line management isn't up to scratch it's not the line for you. tougher than braid to undo a tangle. I see no advantages over a good 8 carrier braid personally. once i'm through with the spool of 4kg i have atm, i won't be buying it again

WFT braid on the other hand has performed well so far (what i have is much heavier - 32kg). you get a heap of line on a spool and it's frigging strong. a bit stiff out of the packet but it wears in reasonably well. I say stiff comparing it to ygk unitika and tasline products.

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 pm

I have been using it for float fishing, the bouyancy is great so it works perfectly for that. Agree though that its crap for lure fishing.

Return to “General”