Outriggers?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Outriggers?

Post by smile0784 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Im in the process of installing the out riggers to get some practice before marlin season.
Just a few quick questions.
They are 2 peice. Do people glue them together or keep them as 2 peices for easy transportation and storage?
How do coil up your rigging?

How do people store them at home?
At present they are just standing in the corner but once i glue the bottom stainless steel bend.on it wont be able to stand up in the corner,

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Outriggers?

Post by Nude up » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Mine are one piece I put hangers on the garage wall that's where I store them. I purchased some foam exercise mats from Kmart and made covers for them to protect the carbon fibre from nicks and scratches. With the tip spears they only just fit in my boat bow to stern about 20 mm clearance they are the last thing to be loaded on a trip.
The rigging gets put inside the covers except for the tag line return weight which I tape to the outside of the cover.
You do not have to silastic the stainless end fitting on as long as the rigging puts tension on the poles to prevent them jumping out of the ss fittings when at sea.
When you say they are 2 piece is that 1 piece pole 1 piece ss end fitting or 2 piece pole 1 piece end fitting.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Outriggers?

Post by smile0784 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 pm

I was thinking of putting them up on rhe garage wall if they cant stay vertical.
They are 2 peice of carbon fiber that join slide together in the middle to make 1 long peice 4.8mt then add the tip and then the stainless steel but angle.

How did you make your covers?

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”