Tinny Info

drew 2

Re: Tinny Info

Post by drew 2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Always a good thing when they dont sink cameron :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You can get a boat glovebox,just cut out a hole & the foam in the front of the seat and screw it in,most come with 2 stubbie holder on the door and are a good spot to put keys,wallets,phones etc. Bad luck with the tank,you should be able to find one that will fit a bit later down the track if it becomes a problem,i'm not a fan of having them in the middle,just another thing in the road,much prefer them tucked away down the back with the empty tinnys :lol: :lol:

cameronpatrol

Post by cameronpatrol » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 am

drew 2 wrote:Always a good thing when they dont sink cameron :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You can get a boat glovebox,just cut out a hole & the foam in the front of the seat and screw it in,most come with 2 stubbie holder on the door and are a good spot to put keys,wallets,phones etc. Bad luck with the tank,you should be able to find one that will fit a bit later down the track if it becomes a problem,i'm not a fan of having them in the middle,just another thing in the road,much prefer them tucked away down the back with the empty tinnys :lol: :lol:
the glove box sounds like a good idea .
might look into folding up somthing and attatching it to the bottome of the fron or middle seat as theres still a bit of clearance to the floor from bottom of the seat.
just a long draw whic i can add deviders into sort of thing.
then it keeps the center of gravity down athat bit more.

then a few stubby holders.
has to be one arms length anywhere in the boat :lol: will be like the Homer mobile of the simpsons
There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Make sure whatever you put in isn't to hard to get out and clean under or you could end up with problems,not good to have hooks/sinkers etc lying on the bottom of aluminium boats,you end up with holes in it :down: You can never have to many stubby holders :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cameronpatrol

Post by cameronpatrol » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 am

Yeah thats not good.
I remember working on an aluminium boat for work and some peanut hooked the mercathode up to the hull.
So in turn this blokes whole boat was a sacraficial anode :lol: pretty well root the the hull. it looked like a pimply teenager once all the holes were welded up hahaha.
There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:25 am

cameronpatrol wrote:Well got the tinny out on her mayde voyage last night.
didnt sink which was handy.
i took the old man out with me and had a bit of gear in the boat.
handled really well.
its was choppy as crap around sorrento at baout 800pm roughly
got a bit wet but still had fun.
dad got a small flatty and i got nothing lol
it was bit of a rushed trip just to try and get out and waer test it with fishing thrown in on top.

defently some carpet on the bench seats and a stubby holder.
the fuel tank doesnt fit in behind the rear bench seat against the transom which was a shame.
because now it sits in the middle of the boat.
other than that a bit of use and working out what to tinker with and do to it will come in time i spose.
cheers cam
Hey cam.
One thing I'd suggest if yer going to fish a bit of choppy weather in the boat is to have a think about having a fold up canopy made for it.
It will not only keep a fair bit of spray off you when motoring, especailly if you have some reasonable side wings with it, but it will also make it a lot warmer & cossier when fishing at anchor. Have a look at the canopies that the older wooden type clinker/carvel fishing boats utilise & you'll get the idea.

That boat you've got really isn't intended for casting deck type fishing. I wouldn't hesitate to put a floor in it, which should allow a reasonable level of stand up casting, but a raised casting deck would, IMO make it a bit too unstable.
If you really want a raised casting deck then I'd suggest looking at some attachable external stabilisers to increase stability of the hull at rest, but these'll probably set you back $500 or so.

Return to “Boating”