Fishing Mate Frankston Mornington Areas

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
FishHunter81

Fishing Mate Frankston Mornington Areas

Post by FishHunter81 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone out there who has a boat and is interested in a fishing companion for the snapper and summer season. I'm a keen fisherman still learning on land and have fished off a boat also. I have all my own gear, and of course I would contribute to fuel, help with unloading and coming in, and cleaning the boat after use. Also willing to pay towards boat ramp fees if we can get out often.

In regards to myself, I enjoy fishing so won't bother u with constant talk all day long out there. Just want to hunt the fish and learn along the way.
Regards.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Fishing Mate Frankston Mornington Areas

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Check out the decky referred thread champ. It's a one stop shop for everything you need to know.

In my boat fishing shirts and apparel that make people look like walking billboards are banned.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:59 pm

rb85 wrote:Check out the decky referred thread champ. It's a one stop shop for everything you need to know.

In my boat fishing shirts and apparel that make people look like walking billboards are banned.
You mean I can't wear my fishing addiction hat, diawa scarf, shimano jocks, nitro t-shirt, compleat angler socks and BCF hankerchiefs. :o_0: :banana:

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
rb85 wrote:Check out the decky referred thread champ. It's a one stop shop for everything you need to know.

You mean I can't wear my fishing addiction hat, diawa scarf, shimano jocks, nitro t-shirt, compleat angler socks and BCF hankerchiefs. :o_0: :banana:
You can just not in my boat mate.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 pm

i can't stand any advertising either it sucks.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 pm

gregmaka wrote:i can't stand any advertising either it sucks.
The fishing apparel scam. Not only are anglers subject to a very steep mark up from wholesale price to retail with fishing tackle but then some of us are willing to pay a premium for substandard foreign made clothing because it has a few logos on them of manufacturers. Brand loyalty and paying to advertise is an embarrassment.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

Hahaha good one wooly. I didn't know shimano makes jocks. Might have to get miss shimano to snag me a few freebies..

Ps . Rb85 so you fish with no name gear or stuff you handmade yourself? ? Whats wrong with supporting a few brands you use. Nobodys forcing you to do it either mate
So does that also mean you also hate people that wear their footy team jumpers when they go to the footy? Cricket/soccer fans wearing their team jerseys to a game??
And what do you do if someone you invited on your boat came dressed looking like a walking billboard. Are you going to not take them because of that.. bit lame really to be honest..

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone out there who has a boat and is interested in a fishing companion for the snapper and summer season. I'm a keen fisherman still learning on land and have fished off a boat also. I have all my own gear, and of course I would contribute to fuel, help with unloading and coming in, and cleaning the boat after use. Also willing to pay towards boat ramp fees if we can get out often.

In regards to myself, I enjoy fishing so won't bother u with constant talk all day long out there. Just want to hunt the fish and learn along the way.
Regards.

Quite a few of our memebers fish down mornington / carrum way myself included.
Im sure one of us can take you out one day.
I usually am.fishing with my dad these days so never get a chance to take anyone else out. But im sure few others might be loojing for a decky at some stage or the other.

As mentioned put yourself down on the decky reffered thread as a start and go from there.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 pm

purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

Hahaha good one wooly. I didn't know shimano makes jocks. Might have to get miss shimano to snag me a few freebies..

Ps . Rb85 so you fish with no name gear or stuff you handmade yourself? ? Whats wrong with supporting a few brands you use. Nobodys forcing you to do it either mate
So does that also mean you also hate people that wear their footy team jumpers when they go to the footy? Cricket/soccer fans wearing their team jerseys to a game??
And what do you do if someone you invited on your boat came dressed looking like a walking billboard. Are you going to not take them because of that.. bit lame really to be honest..
Gee hit a nerve there.
They are a manufacturers that happen to promote fishing tackle they don't need my support I prefer to purchase clothing thats made in Australia supporting Australian textile workers where does Shimano, BCF, Diawa etc manufacture their apparel? Does it produce clothing in sweatshops?
Couldn't care what sporting fans wear to the game but brand brand loyalty to foreign manufacturers is pathetic.
A walking billboard wouldn't be getting a spot on my boat as my mates have more dignity than to be paying to advertise brands it has been discussed and those I have mentioned it to agree it's lame.

Do you think bicycle part manufacturers who happen to make tackle need support?

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Shouldn't digress to far from the topic though sorry Fishhunter. Try and strike up a rapport with a few on here and go from there.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”