fish finder help

Toady king

fish finder help

Post by Toady king » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:21 pm

hey guys im confused. glued my transducer in like everyone suggested etc but when I got on the water it looked like this:
Attachments
image.jpg
now that's on land but in the water (water was extremely shallow) it looked similar and sometimes it would ️like like a giant seaweed would be going from the top to the bottom of the water Column. I didn't get to mess around with the settings as it was super choppy. but to me it's looking like I got bubbles in the glue

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: fish finder help

Post by bowl » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Pic of tranducer...
Possible a bottom holding setting, mine did something similiar once.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Take it out to deeper water. From memory there was a mention on vyak about anything under 1.3m or similar. Pretty sure it was in your topic.

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:30 pm

bowl wrote:Pic of tranducer...
Possible a bottom holding setting, mine did something similiar once.
ill post thrm tomorrow as my kayak is on my car still thanks

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Brett wrote:Take it out to deeper water. From memory there was a mention on vyak about anything under 1.3m or similar. Pretty sure it was in your topic.
yeah that was about on old model the Garmin echo 300c (I think) and j got a flashy neew striker 4.
I was planing on testing it out in deeper water but it was too rough on the water I didn't feel safe

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Toady king wrote:
Brett wrote:Take it out to deeper water. From memory there was a mention on vyak about anything under 1.3m or similar. Pretty sure it was in your topic.
yeah that was about on old model the Garmin echo 300c (I think) and j got a flashy neew striker 4.
I was planing on testing it out in deeper water but it was too rough on the water I didn't feel safe

I couldn't remember what model it was about lol.

Going by the pic, it looks like its about .5m deep, when you get a chance try it in deeper water, even just a meter should give you an idea if it's working or if you have issues.
Also read the manual a cpl of times, I've gone thru mine a dozen times for the hook4 and still find things I've missed.

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Brett wrote:
Toady king wrote:

I couldn't remember what model it was about lol.

Going by the pic, it looks like its about .5m deep, when you get a chance try it in deeper water, even just a meter should give you an idea if it's working or if you have issues.
Also read the manual a cpl of times, I've gone thru mine a dozen times for the hook4 and still find things I've missed.
I'll head out next time in a good day and test it again, I have a feeling I had it too zoomed out because in the water it was shallow enough I thought I would hit bottom

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Just go to Patto or the nearest location out of the weather with known deep water to test.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:40 am

A while ago, there was a post about settings for a sounder in PPB and WPB. With one of the setting ensure that it is set for general use. Mine had an issue with holding bottom and that was the issue.

Also ensure that the software on the fish finder is up to date.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”