Mixed Bag Mania

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Mixed Bag Mania

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:56 pm

cheers lads , i asked dad to take a pic of what we caught and somehow the rest of the flathead and arrow squid went missing lolll cant choose your parents thats for sure...

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:00 pm

smile0784 wrote:Thats just showing off mate
cmon man. your just jealous cause your mates catch more fish than you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(ps - dont take anything i say seriously lol)
Feathor wrote:Thanks for the report. Some good fish there. The red mullet are good to eat. Fillet them and crisp up the. Skin in a pan. They cook quickly, serve with an acidic sauce or dressing as they are slightly oily.
Marty.A wrote:
ducky wrote:Nice work. How'd the red mullet go on the plate? Have heard good things about them
Red mullet are very good eating mate they are a popular in a lot of Mediterranean cuisines. Being from a Maltese background myself I can say they are delicious especially in a casserole or paella or anything with a tomato based sauce.
cheers lads, i better get to my parents and steal a few before they curry the sh1t outta it..
Scraglor wrote:Nice! I went out off mornington on sat myself, although went out deep looking for a snapper, but couldnt sound any arches, ended with 20-25 flatties between 30-36cm which was a nice dinner regardless. Plagues of small ones out there though.
what time mate, i launched at around 12.30 from memory. and back in by 5.30 or so, yes plenty of plauge sized flatties around atm.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm

I launched about 6am, came in approx 11, so we must have just missed each other! I reckon I will fish port phillip now through until snapper season, I seem to have more luck than westernport over the colder months (not saying westernport is worse, I just havent nutted it out :P)

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:01 pm

ahh damn, yep must have missed each other. i had to take the cat to the vet for her shots, thats a feat in itself.
did you have any luck on Saturday?

Pethrk

Post by Pethrk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Just wondering what rig you were using?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Pethrk wrote:Just wondering what rig you were using?
i use lures mate, not bait, the bait part in the post was for my cousin and dad to use for that i just used a paternoster rig with a small whiting sinker and size 2 hook i think and 10lb mono line.

Pethrk

Post by Pethrk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 pm

purple5ive wrote:
i use lures mate, not bait, the bait part in the post was for my cousin and dad to use for that i just used a paternoster rig with a small whiting sinker and size 2 hook i think and 10lb mono line.

Cheers mate

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 pm

purple5ive wrote:
cmon man. your just jealous cause your mates catch more fish than you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(ps - dont take anything i say seriously lol..

Im.just leading you into a false pretense before i wipp your bumm in out next comp. Lol

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:32 pm

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
(ps - dont take anything i say seriously lol..

Im.just leading you into a false pretense before i wipp your bumm in out next comp. Lol
hahaha we will see about that, wear some padding before you come lollll

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Pethrk wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Cheers mate
good luck with it mate, and for bait we used squid tentacles that we had caught a while ago, so if you just caught some squid then just use the fresh tentacles, they are really good bait, and use bait keeper hooks so the bait doesnt come off easily

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”