Gunnamatta

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Gunnamatta

Post by Basti » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:55 pm

HyperX wrote:do you guys think micro jigging off the beach will produce any salmon?
no reason why it won't. Shiny + metal = salmon at gunnas if they are there. only issue you might have is throwing anything less than 30g and you'll get taken for a ride by the side current or swells. most of the guys spin with 40-70g lures at that beach

HyperX

Post by HyperX » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 am

Basti wrote:
HyperX wrote:do you guys think micro jigging off the beach will produce any salmon?
no reason why it won't. Shiny + metal = salmon at gunnas if they are there. only issue you might have is throwing anything less than 30g and you'll get taken for a ride by the side current or swells. most of the guys spin with 40-70g lures at that beach
So i have a shimano catana 902 which is a 3 odd meter 6-8kg surf rod with a cheap shimano 4000 reel and 20lb line. Right now, i only have a 20g lure so whats the maximum weight lure do you think my gear can handle

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:53 am

HyperX wrote:
Basti wrote:
So i have a shimano catana 902 which is a 3 odd meter 6-8kg surf rod with a cheap shimano 4000 reel and 20lb line. Right now, i only have a 20g lure so whats the maximum weight lure do you think my gear can handle

50-ish grams. Just about spot on.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:55 am

4liters wrote:
DougieK wrote:April 14 is the day :D
hopefully that onshore wind stays nice and light, otherwise Sunday's NNEer should be good (assuming the forecast stays as it is now (it'll change as soon as I make a plan))
Think the swell is gonna kill it this weekend Goony, hope not, but forecast shows it building.

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”