A new trip

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Leon2017

A new trip

Post by Leon2017 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a student from China.I love fishing and I release fishes.I used to live in Japan for 5years and I fished Black bass there.(Still a beginner for lure fishing).

The environment here is amazing and I tried to fish trout in the Lilydale lake, but no luck there.
However, a friendly local mate told me to try Yarra or Rowville lake. Though I do not know his name, Thanks to him very much.

I am new here and maybe need to learn a lot more information from u guys, like Any places will be easily for a beginner? Any advises for lures?

Thank u very much guys.

:a_goodjob:

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: A new trip

Post by Basti » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 am

welcome. lilydale lake is a tough place to catch so don't feel discouraged. if you check the fisheries website for trout stockings you'll be able to find a lake near you. the yarra has heaps of fish but you'll have to do a little legwork to find the good spots. if you're just starting out lure fishing i wouldn't recommend the river yet.

soft plastics are your best bet to start with. a straight cast and retrieve or slow hops along the bottom should work on most occasions

Leon2017

Post by Leon2017 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Basti wrote:welcome. lilydale lake is a tough place to catch so don't feel discouraged. if you check the fisheries website for trout stockings you'll be able to find a lake near you. the yarra has heaps of fish but you'll have to do a little legwork to find the good spots. if you're just starting out lure fishing i wouldn't recommend the river yet.

soft plastics are your best bet to start with. a straight cast and retrieve or slow hops along the bottom should work on most occasions

Thank u very much sir. Very specifics advices and very clear to understand.
I will try to find some stocking place.
Plz waiting for my reports.
:cheers:

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Leon2017 why don't you fish salt water ? fish will be easier to catch and more species.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:53 pm

hornet wrote:Leon2017 why don't you fish salt water ? fish will be easier to catch and more species.
This is a good idea.

Leon2017

Post by Leon2017 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 pm

hornet wrote:Leon2017 why don't you fish salt water ? fish will be easier to catch and more species.
Thank you sir, I will try next time. :thumbsup:

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”