Wurdiboluc Reservoir

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Part Timer
Has liked: 1 time

Wurdiboluc Reservoir

Post by Part Timer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi All.

Couple more days off before heading back to work, and have never fished 'Wurdi' so thinking I might make the trip at some stage over the next 3 days.

Surprisingly not much in the way of reports on this site, as I was under the impression it was a reasonable trout/redfin fishery? At least that's what I gathered from a few Facebook posts etc I've seen over the years.

Anyone here had any luck there of late? I generally just fish with lures, so would likely be flicking tassies/minnows/vibes/SPs.

Pretty sure from what I've already read is that fishing is restricted to the dam wall area

Any advice would be awesome.

Cheers

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Wurdiboluc Reservoir

Post by Basti » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:33 am

i've fished it a few times for donuts, throwing plastics and HB lures. like you i've seen and heard of plenty of captures on facebook, but it seems to come and go in phases. 3 to 4 inch plastics seems to be the thing for reddies, not sure about the trout

Kadmium

Re: Wurdiboluc Reservoir

Post by Kadmium » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Don't go. No fish in there. Defo no fish. Just cause I've got Reddies and trout doesn't mean theres fish there...

In all seriousness though flicking hard bodies and SPs is the go. It was dark when I went last time so I don't know where specifically we fished ( went with a mate )

It's a bit like all fishing. You win some you lose some and then rarely you catch some.
Species Comp 16/17

Salt: KGW 36cm - Squid 35cm - Salmon 22cm - Flathead 34cm - EP 35cm - Total Salt 162cm

Fresh: Carp 55cm - Total Fresh 55cm

TOTAL : 217cm

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”