Trout within 70km of Ballarat

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
PDXSerric

Trout within 70km of Ballarat

Post by PDXSerric » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Looking to take advantage of the weather and try to take some trout on Tassies at the asscrack of dawn... I don't mind driving some distance but don't enjoy getting up at fuckitoclock in the morning and driving out somewhere to get nothing... so, with that in mind, has anyone had any luck with trout in any waters, streams or reservoirs/lakes from the shore within about 40mins to an hour from Ballarat? Wendouree is fun but sparse and the vegetation hasn't been cleaned yet so pulling weed more than fish. Jubilee is said to have trout but have never seen anything other than redfin. Fishing mates (Wife and Brother in Law) really want to take on trout so that's the target species for this trip.

I have had SOME luck at moorabool reservoir - but only in the places some idiot put up signs saying not to go... :whistles innocently: Looking for somewhere new.

Open to any and all suggestions. LAstly, wife prefers float fishing but doesn't use live bait and hates powerbait. Anyone know if trout are taking artificial salmon eggs?

Cheers and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Trout within 70km of Ballarat

Post by russellh2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:52 am

Try Hepburn Lagoon on Ballarat / Daylesford road OR Pykes Creek Resevoir

coln72

Post by coln72 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:47 am

Tullaroop Res.

PDXSerric

Post by PDXSerric » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:31 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out. :)

Return to “Other Species”