Dion't ya just luv it when

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Dion't ya just luv it when

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:48 am

Set the alarm for 430 and woke at 330, figured it wasn't worthwhile trying to go back to sleep. Checked the weather and the wind, and the gauge said, 7 k/'hr.

So headed to the Patto, to launch and beat the madening crowds, there were a few empty boat trailers in the car park and not a breath of wind.

First sign, was that I could just step from the boat on the wharf.

Second sign, even before the bridge, there were a few small waves, head under the bridge, turn to the spot light on to get my bearings only to be confronted with what looked like a wall of brown. Suddenly I feel like an astronaut strapped in their seat waiting to be launched into space as the nose of the boat points to the moon.

Too late to turn, next comes the roller coaster ride over wave after wave, across the non-existant Patterson river bar. Thinking that it should flatten out once I got over the shallow, as the depth gauge read, 3 metre, 4 metre, 5 metre, 6 metres and still the waves kept coming, stuck my hand out and couldn't feel any hint of a breeze.

I slow my progress down, the spot light, glistening off the white water as the waves break in front of the boat. Werribee I believed looks very nice this time of year I thought, as I gingerly made headway in the darkness. Eventually the light breaks of the Horizon giving a little more light to see the waves.

As luck would have it, as the sky lightens with the dawn, the waves die down a little, maybe they don't seem so menacing with more light to see by. All thoughts to turn around disappear and I head towards my destination.

chris srsc

Re: Dion't ya just luv it when

Post by chris srsc » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:03 pm

did ya catch any fish?
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:04 pm

chris srsc wrote:did ya catch any fish?
I was still trying to get the sonar logging acres up. Since the comp has finished I will now be fishing.

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
I was still trying to get the sonar logging acres up. Since the comp has finished I will now be fishing.
Cool...you going out today?
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:49 am

chris srsc wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Cool...you going out today?

I wanted the sofa loafers to mow my lawn before we go out, but they aren't answering their phones. So I might go this arvo by myself.

Return to “Boating”