Amazing service and assistance

Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Amazing service and assistance

Post by Mustang38 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi guys,
just wanted to mention an amazing experience I had Saturday. Since we bought the 38 Mustang 3 years ago I have never been happy or confident with the anchor set up and therefor anchoring in general. I have replaced the winch motor and now the anchor. I have regularly tolerated dragging the anchor whilst snapper fishing in the bay and coz of this I have cut my snapper fishing trips right back only going out when sea conditions are favorable.

I met Rex from Anchor Rite Australia at this years boat show. He came across as a real down to earth guy, straight up no sales pitch just new his product inside and out. Having the boat moored at home and not trailer able my only option was to try to get someone to come out and see me. I spoke to several different manufacturers, marine industry people, and anyone who would listen genrally trying to get this problem sorted and it all seemed too hard. I contacted Rex and he offered to come down from up near Pakenham to Patto. We met Saturday at the house and he brought a No 4 and 5 Sarca with him to try. The 5 fitted perfect and I can now say I am the proud owner of a new Sarca no 5 Anchor.
Rex spent 3 hours with me helping me get the old anchor off, fitting the new one, advising me on anchoring methods and then giving me an amazing education on anchoring and associated products.
I haven't tried the new anchor yet but with 2 weeks planned at Queenscliff straight after chrissie I am sure it will get a work out and I will give a report on its performance
If anyones looking for a new anchor contact Rex, hes one guy who is genuinely interested in helping you get your issues sorted
:a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob:
Thanks a lot Rex, amazing service and advice

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Amazing service and assistance

Post by Lightningx » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Congrats on the new Sarca anchor mate. I have one on my boat as well :thumbsup:

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Yep, I have a sarca also. Great in The westernport mud holding against some ripper tides and winds. Nice to hear a story about good service for a change. It's rare in this day. I'm sure Rex gave you plenty of top advice on anchoring and I'm probably not adding much here but I'll add a few things anyhow.

1/ you know the depth your anchoring in and should be letting out a minimum anchor rode length of 3 X the depth. Ie 10 m deep, 30 m of rode. 3 X is the minimum for good holding but not the max. If you're not holding, use more.

2/ if you still struggle to hold anchor then add more short link chain. The chain will add holding ability.

3/ don't just dump all your anchor rode straight down on top of the anchor. Let the anchor hit the bottom and wait till the boat starts to try and drag it, then slowly let out more rode til you have out the required length.

4/ you can add paint or markers (like cable ties) to the anchor rode at set intervals so you know how much you are letting out, like every 5m or so, just count the markers as you are dropping the anchor.

All the best mate.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:34 am

Thats terrific service... good to see....hard to get

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Mustang38 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Great day at Portsea today. The new Sarca anchor has given back confidence in anchoring my boat. I used short chain long chain and it just grabs and doesn't let go. This is going to make a massive difference to the trip now as I feel we can maybe fish deeper water now aswell.
Thanks Rex great anchor's

Freshfishin

Post by Freshfishin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:37 pm

It's great to hear old fashion service still exists, if only more retailers would offer good old fashion service then maybe a lot more of us would be happy customers just as you are and in turn they would make more money because we would all go back. Great to hear a good news story

Return to “Boating”