Creek Bream

Everything about bream
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Creek Bream

Post by mazman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Hey guys, with some decent weather finally forecast on a weekend Niroj and I made the most of it, going on a day trip visiting various smaller systems we had found on google maps. The reason being that these small systems, most of which you can’t find anything about prior to visiting, should allow us to be the only people fishing the system. The first creek we arrived at had a serious algae problem and we didn’t end up wetting a line, creek no.2 had a similar issue to a lesser extent and we had a short half-hearted flick and moved on. Fortunately the third creek we tried had no algae and looked extremely fishy. Working our way up this system we found a few bream feeding around the margins but struggled to get more than a follow. I dropped to a smaller profile soft plastic and finally got a hit slowly hopping it through the shade, the fight was rather subdued for a bream of this calibre but it still went on a few strong runs for structure.
The commotion of hooking this fish put the rest of the fish down and we eventually moved on hoping that on our way back to the car they would be up on the banks feeding again. From here it didn’t take long for us to find the end of the estuarine and move into entirely fresh water, we were hoping to find some trout but it got incredibly difficult to follow the creek upstream and it was shrinking at a rapid rate. Back in the estuary and a few of the bream were mooching around the banks again but after cycling through multiple lures Niroj couldn’t entice a strike. After Niroj had finished with this piece of water I flicked my grub in hard against the bank and it was slammed as it was sinking. After a much more energetic fight I had another bream of almost identical size of the board.
With two fish pinned out of a small school the fishing shutdown and we eventually resigned, moving on to the forth creek we had marked up as a prospect. This time round we weren’t chasing bream but had trout in mind and it didn’t take long to find them, however they seemed content with following lures and getting one to actually take one of our offerings proved extremely frustrating and ultimately fruitless. Exhausted, sore and covered in prickles, scratches and grass seeds we made our way back to the car to finish up a great day exploring new systems.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Creek Bream

Post by Boonanza » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Awesome report & a couple of cracking fish well done mate :a_goodjob:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Well done Mazman if you dont mind me asking what tackle were you running rod, reel, line leader. I have a few little creeks in mind myself for a bream fish.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Hit the same joint today and managed to redeem myself with two fish at 38 and 37cm. The recent fresh flow from the rain seems to have woken them up a little as both fish went pretty bloody hard and I barely kept myself out of strife.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Well done guys that's great fishing :cheers:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Well done guys! Good stuff :thumbsup:

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Thanks guys a thoroughly enjoyable trip that has given a few creeks to fish over summer and crossed a few off the list
rb85 wrote:Well done Mazman if you dont mind me asking what tackle were you running rod, reel, line leader. I have a few little creeks in mind myself for a bream fish.
I'm running a majorcraft volkey 632 4-8lb paired with a Stradic ci4+ fb 2500 spooled with Ygk gsoul upgrade pe 0.6 and yamatoyo spinning fluoro for leaders generally 4-6lb (4 on this occasion).
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Great work guys. The reward is so much greater when you you find your own secret spots.

Return to “Bream Fishing”