Looking for Fishing Buddy who has a Boat!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Looking for Fishing Buddy who has a Boat!

Post by hornet » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Elly27 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Elly27 wrote:Guys, I have a question but please do not laugh at me haha.

I went to a Fish market and bought Salmon from there. Can I use it as bait? It is the one which is attached to the skin still.

I also bought the red prawns which are edible if you take the skin off, is that okay for bait?

Remember keep a straight face ^_^
Do you have a pic of the salmon mate? Attached to the skin still?
I will send you it when I have time to take a picture. Basically there is the pink salmon meat attached to the inside skin. I would need to cut it off the skin to use it.
That's the wrong salmon LOL that's chinook or quinnat salmon expensive and for human consumption, you just need small cheap salt water Australian salmon (Arripis trutta)
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Elly27
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Elly27 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 pm

hornet wrote:
Elly27 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

I went to a Fish market and bought Salmon from there. Can I use it as bait? It is the one which is attached to the skin still.

I also bought the red prawns which are edible if you take the skin off, is that okay for bait?

I will send you it when I have time to take a picture. Basically there is the pink salmon meat attached to the inside skin. I would need to cut it off the skin to use it.
That's the wrong salmon LOL that's chinook or quinnat salmon expensive and for human consumption, you just need small cheap salt water Australian salmon (Arripis trutta)
Damnit, not happy about that, was expensive yes

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:30 pm

So eat it and buy the cheap stuff for fishing..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Makes great sashimi, but in his case would be better to steam cook.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Elly27 wrote:
hornet wrote:
Elly27 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Bloody hell man I wouldn't be using expensive stuff like that for bait! Lol
Use the Australian salmons like the ones I have been catching and showed you :thumbsup:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Elly27 wrote:
hornet wrote:
Elly27 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

From the fish shop bay trout, silver whiting, squid, RAW prawns, sardines, silver trevally, pike, and yellow tail mackerel are all good.

Please make sure they're from Australia though or you risk introducing diseases into our waters!
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:22 pm

4liters wrote:
Elly27 wrote:
hornet wrote:
Elly27 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: Do you have a pic of the salmon mate? Attached to the skin still?
From the fish shop bay trout, silver whiting, squid, RAW prawns, sardines, silver trevally, pike, and yellow tail mackerel are all good.

Please make sure they're from Australia though or you risk introducing diseases into our waters!

Thank you for that, I have not used it since luckily. I will make sure to buy the correct bait this time.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:52 pm

You can use Atlantic salmon, there are things that will eat it. It's just expensive and there are better baits out there. Some fish shops have the scraps and off cuts for sale and you'll sometimes find stuff like Atlantic salmon if you really want to use it. You can get lots of scraps to use for burley that way too
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:09 pm

4liters wrote:You can use Atlantic salmon, there are things that will eat it. It's just expensive and there are better baits out there. Some fish shops have the scraps and off cuts for sale and you'll sometimes find stuff like Atlantic salmon if you really want to use it. You can get lots of scraps to use for burley that way too
Yeah I have deterred from using salmon now

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:12 pm

I just put a report up with pics of salmons mate. Catch those ones and use as bait :thumbsup: they aren't too bad to eat if eaten fresh as well :P

Return to “General”