Good gear at good prices

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Good gear at good prices

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:29 pm

Never seen rigmaster tackle before, thanks for that. Looks like I've found my new swivel and clip supplier.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:45 pm

There rubber beads are great every time I go in the garage I am greated with that eerie glow in either green or red

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Aaronvgp wrote:Just wondering where people buy most of their gear from. I'll be honest and say most of my hooks and sinkers come from Kmart and used to be big w at Eastland but big w at Eastland don't don't do fishing gear anymore. They have lures there too at better prices than the chain fishing tackle stores I have been to. I went to a chain store and the price of the Jarvis walker metal lures 15-60g were twice that of Kmart.

I don't know, maybe I'm a bit tight when it comes to money but the franchise stores seem to be way over priced.

Have you tried us at www.specialtyfishing.com.au? No spending limit to get free shipping. It's always free shipping, 24/7 no minimum spend. :-)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 pm

4liters wrote:Never seen rigmaster tackle before, thanks for that. Looks like I've found my new swivel and clip supplier.
Form member' tacklenut 'is a huge fan of rigmaster... Not
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:12 pm

SFP Chick wrote:
Aaronvgp wrote:Just wondering where people buy most of their gear from. I'll be honest and say most of my hooks and sinkers come from Kmart and used to be big w at Eastland but big w at Eastland don't don't do fishing gear anymore. They have lures there too at better prices than the chain fishing tackle stores I have been to. I went to a chain store and the price of the Jarvis walker metal lures 15-60g were twice that of Kmart.

I don't know, maybe I'm a bit tight when it comes to money but the franchise stores seem to be way over priced.

Have you tried us at http://www.specialtyfishing.com.au? No spending limit to get free shipping. It's always free shipping, 24/7 no minimum spend. :-)

The braid and fluro here is probably the best reasonable quality budget priced braid you'll come accross.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

bowl wrote:
4liters wrote:Never seen rigmaster tackle before, thanks for that. Looks like I've found my new swivel and clip supplier.
Form member' tacklenut 'is a huge fan of rigmaster... Not

The beads are ok.... i've had issues with their hooks snapping.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:33 pm

In case you didn't know.
Facebook is the new local tackleshop, big-w, k-mart, anaconda, bcf, rays etc all rolled into one. ..
If you got no facebook. You miss out.
Ps- I don't work for fb or anything. Just letting you guys know.
Fishing buy swap and sell pages are everywhere just have to look.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:12 pm

DougieK wrote:
SFP Chick wrote:

Have you tried us at http://www.specialtyfishing.com.au? No spending limit to get free shipping. It's always free shipping, 24/7 no minimum spend. :-)

The braid and fluro here is probably the best reasonable quality budget priced braid you'll come accross.
X2
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:18 pm

I get my braid, fluorocarbon leader and most lures from wefishdownunder.com cheap as chips too

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:32 pm

I get a lot of my stuff from either Aussie Angler, not the cheapest but the service is A+ And they've looked after me quite a few times, online or I'll go to bcf if there's a sale or I want something specific that the local place doesn't have.

Tried Kmart for sinkers and hooks but got sick of hooks that bend or go blunt and a bag of sinkers where only 70% of them had holes that went all the way through.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”