Species Competition 15/16

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Species Competition 15/16

Post by DougieK » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Hey All,

I'm taking over from Ducky to run a new species comp, a few quick amended rules.

Entry fees will close August 31st at 11.59pm. If you have not paid an entry fee by this time you will not be eligible for this competition.

Twenty percent of the over all prize pool will be donated to Fishing Victoria for the ongoing upkeep costs of this forum. The remaining amount after the donation will be divided as follows

50/30/20 for overall longest total cm achieved. 50 percent of the after donation total to 1st place, 30 to second place and 20 to third place.

In Addition to the cash prizes for best total overall length, i'm currently seeking donations of non-cash prizes for highest Freshwater and highest saltwater totals. If you wish to donate something as a non cash prize or have contacts in the industry who may be interested in sponsoring the comp, please let me know.

The following is a copy and paste with the amended rules added in.

Entry Fee: $25 paid to the Fishing Victoria PayPal account. The email address is admin@fishing-victoria.com Please select ‘payment to friends/family’ otherwise fees are incurred that Jon has to pay out of the pool. Add your member name to the transaction in the message section. Then contact Jon (fishingvic) to let him know you have paid. He will confirm payment received and you will be entered into the comp.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/s ... eive-money

Entries Close: August 31 2015 at 11.59pm
Comp Starts July 4th at midday and ends 30/06/16 at 4:00pm

The target 20 Species are as following

Fresh species, Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Redfin, Short Finned Eel, Bass, Roach, River Blackfish and Carp

Salt species, Silver Trevally, King George Whiting, Estuary Perch, Yellow-eye Mullet, Australian Salmon, Black Bream, Squid (hood length only) Snapper, Flathead (all species) and Mulloway.

Only fish caught in Victoria may be entered into this competition. For the purposes of this comp, the Murray river will be considered a Victorian water.

Only fish of legal size are to be entered. Photos to be taken with the fish on a brag mat, tape measure, dpi guide rule. The fish are to be clearly photographed with the code word marked on it somewhere clearly.

Upgrading through-out the comp is allowed, e.g. you enter a 40cm Salmon, and later catch a 50cm Salmon. You cannot add up your catches of the same species though, only 1 fish from each of the 20 species counts towards your total cm’s

I can’t stress this enough, this competition is meant to be fun for all participants, so be honest, be fair, get a bit of smack talk happening if you’re a species leader, etc. etc.
You can enter catches by all legal methods of fishing with a rod and reel, be it boat, land based or kayak based. The entered fish doesn't have to be released but take a bit of care if you are to help its survival. The fish caught has to be within Victoria. Overall length of fish in Cm wins at June 30th 2015 at 4:00pm. If you're competing you need to have your "Fishing Victoria Species Comp 'x'cms" shown in your signature.

Good luck to everyone involved!

This Years code word is SPEC1516. A reminder that this code must be clearly visible in all photo entries.
Last edited by DougieK on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK

Re: Species Competition 15/16

Post by DougieK » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Leaderboard:

I have replaced the leaderboard with a ducky style spreadsheet.

9/11 530pm re edited the link so everyone can see it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Paid entries :-
Aaron75
Fishn104
Basti
scott__henning
Scraglor
Trebbalzzz
fshtim
abzz
4liters
Dougiek
ColonelFisher
Snapper Snatcher
GTShoon
Ducky
Last edited by DougieK on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 25 times in total.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:21 pm

good on you dougie for organising. count me in again! had great fun on the last one getting out and targeting species i've never caught before

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:22 pm

fishmagnet wrote:good on you dougie for organising. count me in again! had great fun on the last one getting out and targeting species i've never caught before

I was going well until about January when i decided i like fishing rock ledges. Will try harder and be more organised this year.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 am

I'll be in this one again. Was good fun!! Just a suggestion dougie, 60/20/20 should be 1st 2nd 3rd overall, just because if your first you are most likely to be 2nd or third aswell (if that makes sense). One more thing would be a new code word. Thanks
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:48 am

I'll enter. The rules are pretty shitty though. Who made those up? Haha

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:55 am

im in too. can't wait.

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:56 am

Fishn104 wrote:I'll be in this one again. Was good fun!! Just a suggestion dougie, 60/20/20 should be 1st 2nd 3rd overall, just because if your first you are most likely to be 2nd or third aswell (if that makes sense). One more thing would be a new code word. Thanks

Thanks for the note. It's not 1-2-3 it's best overall, best salt total and best fresh total I have added the following clarification to the original post:

"60/20/20 :- 60% for overall longest total cm achieved. 20% for longest freshwater total and 20% for longest saltwater total."

I'll post a new code word at midday on Saturday and we can get going. Hopefully attract a few more entries this time!

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:05 am

I highly reccommend people to enter. almost every species i had caught except the snapper and salmon was a pb, if not completely new to me

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:17 am

I'll have to give this a bit more of a crack. There was plenty of fish I didn't enter last year out of sheer laziness lol

Return to “Fishing Competitions”