Fishing shows on Australian TV

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here

Favourite fishing shows on Australian TV?

IFish with Paul Worstelling
18%
Hooked with Dave Butfield
1%
Mark Berg's Fishing Addiction
4%
YouFishTV
7%
River to Reef
1%
The Ultimate Fishing Show
1%
Hooked
1%
Extreme fishing with Robson Green
14%
Monster Fish
1%
Fishin' Trip with Jason Kennedy
2%
Fishing Western Australia
1%
ET Fishing escapes
2%
Hook Line and Sinker
6%
Adventure Bound
23%
Rex Hunt's Fishing Adventures
5%
Sharkville
No votes
River Monsters
9%
Sharkmen
No votes
Deadliest Catch
2%
Other (Please Specify)
4%

Total votes: 195

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Fishing shows on Australian TV

Post by vxcalais » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Taleb wrote:I love coming home everyday and watching iFish at 5oclock but needs to focus on more landbased in vic. In my opinion catch and cook is just plain bad. Even when the lady is cooking it's like she's trying to read her words off a script or something and the fishing isn't as enthusiastic as shows like iFish or Adventurebound.
Yeah the Ifish guy definately loves his white snake boat and Yozuri lures. Worsteling is a great actor though, and the filming of the show is one of the best, up there with the one on Channel 7 sometimes.

The catch and cook lady seems like a nice person in real life, i've been to there shop. They work in there themselves, but must import the tackle from China. Some of the stuff is pretty good, and alot of it is just crap. You can even here the reels grinding on the show. The recent series in Timor Sea was just really really boring, not much talk or explanation, just pulling heaps of lil fish out with diseases hehe. Have you noticed why Channel 31 have it on last ?

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Beno wrote:
vxcalais wrote:
CarlG wrote:Gonna give Robson my vote. For two reasons..one, his show isn`t a gigantic advert for pure fishing or shimano, diawa, tackleworld, etc, etc.
Secondly, I grew up just down the road from hazelrigg, (where he`s from). And where he lives now used to be one of my favourite runs on the bike..
I know shows like IFish contain some really good tips, but it`s becoming more and more product orientated. Jason Kennedy`s show being probably the worst offender.
Adventure bound I`d really like to see, (always liked Lee Rayner as a presenter), just don`t know channel or times..
Beno, if and when your show makes the breakthrough, please try and remember some of the comments made on this thread and one`s of a similar topic..alternatively, just take the money and become a corporate ***** like the rest..lol..at least you`ll get paid for fishing..
Carl..

For such a small country, the time it takes to make these shows, they need all the sponsors they can. Robson is not exactly innocent, and is more network orientated than anything. Jason Kennedy has a strike pro segment, wears a Berkeley Shirt and uses a variety of rods and lures. I don't see the issue. I mean they are on Channel 31 of all channels, Free to Air, self paid, not selling their shows to 5 different networks like Robson. Robson....man doesn't he talk crap, he should just shut up half the time. He's just a try hard River Monster/Patrick Sebile.... :tongue:
If it gets anywhere my aim is to keep it as an natural fishing show as possible. It will have to have sponsors otherwise I just can't see it happening. My sposnorship is coming together in the next few months so we will see how it goes.... :cheers:
Wow Beno - Excellent vids mate.....Well done and good luck ! Whats your famous 'Just Insane' line gonna be ?

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Yes, me too, I liked the latest couple of videos of Beno on youtube, they are nice and easy to grasp

Beno

Post by Beno » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Cheers guys love the feedback keeps me motivated to do more, I will have to work on a crazy line.... ;)
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:03 pm

don't get too crazy mate :) ... even though we still like you :) LOL

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Adventure bound gets my vote, many of the others are basically info commercials designed to make you open your wallet and to part with your money.

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:11 pm

It's gotta be river to reef, if only for Robby, the spectacular eye candy!

walla 29

Post by walla 29 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Haha robson green is a pissa but have to say adventure bound is my pic hopefully the list of shows keeps growing . And agree beno should def have his own show one day

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 am

I think it's a very difficult market for a fishing show host to play to.
Anyone too serious comes across boring.
Too 'funky' & they come across as blithering idiots.
It's hard to find that perfect poersonality that can blend information & entertainment, all with a tocuh of mirth & fun.
As much as he tends to drift just the very minute slightest toward the 'bloody idiot' side, my fav at the moment would have to be Adam Royter. I think by himself he tends to carry on a bit much, but the guy is a wealth of information & is brilliant at psssing it on to viewers I reckon. Personally I think he matches upo extremely well with Lee Rayner.
That blend of Rayner's seriousness & Royter's bit o' wildness tends to work real well I reckon.
Entertaining & informative at the same time.

And if I hear the phrases "stop the bus' or "muthaluvin" again I'll heave a bloody boot at the idiot on the box that carries on like such an absolute brainless twat. Absolutely s _ _ ts me to tears.

Bill.

Still like Strarlo a lot also.
How can ya not love a guy that loves fishin as much as he does?

minimal

Post by minimal » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Beno wrote:The worst would have to be Extreme fishing with Robson Green

Can't Stand Him!

Your spot on though, he's a complete twat.

But yet, I find something bizarrely compelling about watching that show.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”