first day out in the toy, the black widow

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
borntofish

first day out in the toy, the black widow

Post by borntofish » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:32 pm

First day out after repaint, What a day it was 18mtr off mornington, snapper were in fine form, screamers!!!!!!!!! some fish were steam trains!! fishing bream gear, couldn't turn them! landed one fish 6.2kg, a few about 3-4kg and plenty of smaller fish. We reckon we caught in excess of 50plus snapper. Didnt matter what bait we threw out, we were soo desperate we were catching gars for bait cutting in half straight back out. There was me, my bro, my boy and my niece, we kept 5 fish each. Didnt need anymore, lots of little pinkies, we kept only 4 good fish, one each, and smallest pinky we kept was 34cm. Was out of control all day!
Attachments
haines3.jpg
haines3.jpg (22.07 KiB) Viewed 944 times
haines2.jpg
haines2.jpg (20.97 KiB) Viewed 944 times
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

Fish-Hunter

Re: first day out in the toy, the black widow

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Well done mate , good catch . :clap:

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

bloody wicked!! i was ment to head out on my mates boat today but i went riding to the hills instead loool..
I SHOULDVE GONE OUT!! lol

good work! :thumbsup:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Great report and some lovely fish caught mate :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Well done....
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

borntofish

Post by borntofish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:39 am

Cheers guys, it was best day fishing in a long time!!triple hookups etc. i have not seen snapper so agressive in years, first runs were like a big gummy. i will give you all a hint on where to fish mussel farm ansett region, berley is very important, took us an hour before mayhem started, amongst kids trying to catch gars, rebaiting, missing fish, untangling lines, kids and floats grrrr. letting them pull in snapper and other rods screamimng off, never been soo stressed catching snapper in my life! lol. all caught in a 4 hour period, we left them biting, no bait, and gars went off bite, even tho they are in plague proportion
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

Armadyllo

Post by Armadyllo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi Borntofish

Nice catch

I fished the back of the mussell farm of mt martha with no luck, I didnt know there was a farm of ansetts???
Think I sounded up for 3 hrs in all when we finally found a promising spot we dropped the lines I think within 2 minutes my old friend sammy the seal rocked up tio wreck the day fished cala's and salmon after that.

Cheers

Dyll

borntofish

Post by borntofish » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi Dyll, I went out again on tuesday fished different tides, only caught 2, biggest was 7kg, my personal best for port phillip!! this time of year, fish the edge of the shipping channel off mt martha, my mates been bagging out regularly using silver whiting! As you come out of mornington pier, go sw, you can"t miss the big yellow markers!! for the mussel farm, I was unaware too, untold i was given the tip!!

Armadyllo

Post by Armadyllo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 am

Hi Borntofish

Nice work on the 7kg they give a great fight !!!
Thats the mt martha mussel farm ansetts is to the north of the mornington ramp heading back towards frankston, I was at the mussell farm on saturday as well probably 250 metres of the back of it, no love that time but earlier in the year I picked up a 5kg and 7kg off there. Its a good spot

Cheers

Dyll

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”