Point cook

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Johnny1986

Point cook

Post by Johnny1986 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi fellow fishos.

I used to post occasionally in fishvic before it was shut down and it's really good that some dedicated individuals have gone to the effort to create something just as good or potentially even better. Great work.

This is my first post in here and my question is in regards to the lakes and manmade wetlands area near the boardwalk estate directly in front of point cook shopping centre (where target, coles, etc are). It's quite a large area with a lot of water but for some reason comes up green on google maps?

Has anyone fished them? What species, if any, did you encounter?

Any help would be appreciated because at first glance, it appears the ideal suburban lake system for holding fish.

Cheers,

Johnny

Fish-Hunter

Re: Point cook

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:42 am

:welcome: mate , i havent heard of anyone fishing these man made lakes & if they even hold fish ? you should give them a fish , but i reackon the locals will cry out to stop fishing & ruining their view of the landscape or by you fishing will devalue their precious house :lol:

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Welcome to the site Johnny. Sorry but I can't help you with the location.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Johnny1986

Post by Johnny1986 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks guys. Yea I might just try it out to have a look. I found out that there were wetlands there previously and that the area was improved to put in fully fledged lakes. By the look of the reeds they've been there for a while. Might be some redfin or some euros in there, or there might be done bodies and no fish at all.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”