plenty river fishing

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
charchi89

plenty river fishing

Post by charchi89 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 am

G'day everyone,

I'm new to the site here and have recently gotten back into fishing. I have been doing a bit of fishing in the yarra from templestowe all the way up to kangaroo ground with very little luck. I have heard some good things about plenty river but only reports from people who haven't fished there in years. I am in bundoora and wouldn't mind going for a fish this afternoon. Does anyone know of any good spots on plenty river? As for species i am not fussed. I just want to catch something haha. Also what bait should i use for plenty river? Happy to trade some fishing spots :)

Thanks guys,
Chase

GTSHoon

Re: plenty river fishing

Post by GTSHoon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:48 am

Welcome mate, just a suggestion post up and introduction!
if you Search plenty river and check out biggars reports they should be helpful for you!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:32 am

The plenty river has easy access and is quite wide around hawkstowe park, have caught carp around that area. Around diamond creek not exactly sure on where to fish, I have fished behind the footy oval and that has not produced for me, so probaly further down will be better. If you can be bothered travelling a bit further to mernda, this area has produced big eels,Redfin,carp, and some trout. Worms are the bait of choice.
Here fishy fishy.......

charchi89

Post by charchi89 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks guys. Going to check out yarrambat lake and plenty river now. Will make a report later :)

Dick83

Post by Dick83 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 pm

I fished plenty river yesterday under the bridge on bridge inn road for just the one Reddie wasn't the longest round 20cm I estimate but it had a little girth that was caught on a Red bladed Celta there was also a decent size Goldfish swimming around and I know that on particular days there is a good amount of carp swimming around in a little pool down from Carome Homestead but like aussie_fisho said that around Mernda
2014/15 Species Comp. 0cm

blamo10

Post by blamo10 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:13 pm

corn and worms in the gorge can get you carp roach eels and reddies fairly easily.

Woollies

Post by Woollies » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 pm

And bread as well. WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES!! There have been plenty around the 'Plenty' lately

charchi89

Post by charchi89 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:56 pm

I went to plenty river off gordons road this afternoon. Found what i thought could have been a nice spot but didn't even get a nibble. I was using corn, bread, chicken and maggots. And my brother used a lure to no avail. We drove around a bit to find some more spots but they were just not accessible. I was very disappointed at how much rubbish had been left behind. We filled up two plastic bags with others peoples crap and it still wasn't enough. Its a shame how some people are too lazy to clean up after themselves :/

Woollies

Post by Woollies » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:22 pm

charchi89 wrote:I went to plenty river off gordons road this afternoon. Found what i thought could have been a nice spot but didn't even get a nibble. I was using corn, bread, chicken and maggots. And my brother used a lure to no avail. We drove around a bit to find some more spots but they were just not accessible. I was very disappointed at how much rubbish had been left behind. We filled up two plastic bags with others peoples crap and it still wasn't enough. Its a shame how some people are too lazy to clean up after themselves :/
I wouldn't bother there at Gordon's Rd, it cops a lot of fishing pressure

charchi89

Post by charchi89 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Are there any places you could recommend? Pm if you like :)

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”