plenty river fishing

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
blamo10

Re: plenty river fishing

Post by blamo10 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:48 am

The only problem with the plenty is it's low flow in summer which means I the deeper pools there is low oxygen levels which makes anything but carp and eels shut down. Once it gets a better flow the other species like reddies and eve trout become active and are easier to catch. Also I have always had more success in or near rapids and runs, espicially with lures and flies

charchi89

Post by charchi89 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:27 am

We will try some other spots on plenty river maybe later during the week. I have been looking at google maps and it just doesn't look very accessible. Its hard to find spots with access on foot. Are there any areas or spots you could recommend to check out blamo? Thanks

blamo10

Post by blamo10 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:08 pm

I don't really have any good spots haha I Usually bush bash into a hard to get spot and criss cross and rapids to get to easier sides to fish. Anywhere in the gorge is good especially the further you are away from access points. Although it can be really hard to get down to the river in parts! Eg cliffs or thick bush but that is where most of the good fish are and they most likly receive a lot less pressure. There is heaps of areas to explore in the area aswell !

Dick83

Post by Dick83 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:40 pm

I crossed over the plenty on Para Rd in Greensborough on my way home from work and I think I'll be taking me rod and given it a go one night. Looked alright. I do the same thing as Blamo also find a spot to get into all acess then walk.
2014/15 Species Comp. 0cm

biggar

Post by biggar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:26 pm

tottaly agree with balmo10, the best areas in the plenty are the ones that recieve little to no fishing pressure. areas such as yarrambat are a good starting point
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

charchi89

Post by charchi89 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks guys. I have sussed out a few spots on google maps and may check them out later this week or on the weekend (weather permitting). Does anyone know if coburg lake is still hot for carp? Wouldn't mind some carp busting action :)

biggar

Post by biggar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:16 pm

it gets fished very regularly but there are carp still in there obviously
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

Dick83

Post by Dick83 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 pm

I fished Coburg Lake Yesterday up near the wall with no success but it could've just been the wrong spot or wrong bait (dough and corn) as I couldn't venture to far up the lake due to some kind of festival the joint was packed.
2014/15 Species Comp. 0cm

charchi89

Post by charchi89 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 pm

I heard merri creek is quite good further up stream. I will have to have a look one day. I also want to check out edwardes lake. But it says no fishing in there. I read it was because the water quality is so poor. I couldn't imagine it being much worse than coburg lake haha

Woollies

Post by Woollies » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Yeah, try and fish the plenty where there isn't easy access

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”