Lake eppolock advice

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
crazycod

Lake eppolock advice

Post by crazycod » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey everyone. This is my first post in ages but dad and I are going to eppolock in the boat for the first time and we are wondering what the conditions and the fish are like. If anyone has any advice can u please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Lake eppolock advice

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:18 pm

crazycod wrote:Hey everyone. This is my first post in ages but dad and I are going to eppolock in the boat for the first time and we are wondering what the conditions and the fish are like. If anyone has any advice can u please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Last time I went to Eppolock, water was a little hard to find.

crazycod

Post by crazycod » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 pm

How long ago was that :cry:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:23 pm

crazycod wrote:How long ago was that :cry:
About 5 years ago

crazycod

Post by crazycod » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Ok

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:09 am

Hi
No shortage of water there now - 93% capacity and slowly dropping. I have never fished the lake so I can't offer any advice but I am sure it would be worth a try. Redfin would most likely be your catch if fishing with lures.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:02 pm

We camped at Eppalock about 2 months ago for the weekend. As usual we got the odd small redfin spinning from the bank and carp when bait fishing. This is pretty much how it fishes from the bank. You will always get small redfin using lures along the bank and you will always get carp and small reddies when using bait. I have fished this lake for 30 years and not much has changed for the bank fisherman. From a boat you have more options and better chances of getting yellas or bigger reddies or maybe even a cod. The locals do get some very good fish from the lake but they hold their cards close to their chest so finding the best spots is very hard. We have always had more luck in the river with some big reddies and trout caught on spinners. Hope this helps.

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:52 am

And who could forget that trip Steve,the bloody wind nearly drove me mad (well madder than i normally am) I took the boat and trolled,only producing small reddy's from amongst the trees and a couple on bait (worms). Looking at the sounder it did seem to have a gentle sloping bottom with not to many steep deep drop offs,stick to the edges/in the little coves where there is a bit of submerged timber i found to be the best bet.The place doesn't really strike me as being good cod water,not enough timber in the deep water for them,probably why they don't stock them in there.

crazycod

Post by crazycod » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks guys. I went up today and it was really windy. we got 6 carp (biggest was 4lb) and two reddies (smallish). We are going up again tommorow so hopefully we might get a small yella or something big :r . I'll tell u how I went at the end of tommorow. :water:

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I fish the bottom of the spillway a fair bit these days, quality reddies to be had there.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”