Sharing Information / Knowledge

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Sharing Information / Knowledge

Post by russellh2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Have read a lot of comments since I join this Forum - Some Good / Some Bad & Some just plain Stupid ( In my opinion).
I enjoy sharing Information / Knowledge that I have - If it helps someone, then that is good.
I am happy to share Locations / Methods / Bait / Lure / Flies if it assists someone to enjoy their outing.
Sharing Locations / Methods / Bait / Lure / Flies does not mean that any location I comment on is going to be "Fished Out" so to speak, all it means is this is where I went / what I did etc. etc.

We have all heard stories about Fisherman A catching all the fish, while his mate, Fishermen B, catches nothing,,, Then - Fisherman A swaps gear/ Bait / Lure / Location with fisherman B and Fisherman A continues catching all the fish, while his mate, Fishermen B, catches nothing.

Sharing Information / Knowledge is nothing more than that /////// Positive feedback only please

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Re: Sharing Information / Knowledge

Post by April Fool » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:14 pm

I agree with what you say Russ. In some regards, if you back your own skills (it sounds like you are confident) then it is fine, as you likely can return there and do well regardless of any pressure from other anglers who may come along later. The only problems I see is there may be a chance when you return to the location you may not be able to find a spot to fish if there are extra people there. This is unlikely to happen in the country but may happen on a busy jetty.

The biggest problem I see is if you attract extra people to a spot...some irresponsible people will leave rubbish or do other things that may lead to everyone being locked out. One particular organisation controls many of my favourite fishing spots and they have the ability to lock us out.
cheers
Jim

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:22 pm

If I catch in well known spot ,I'm happy to give g.p.s or general area location , tide, rig,bait ECT....

If it's a spot that I've a bag out of kgw ECT and no other
Boat is insight , then I will only give g.p.s or area to people who do likewise....

Remember a season to or so back , I took member out from here to catch the Werribee ting....
Think I had ten plus in boat and other could not member even feel the bites ...n had a donut.....it happens
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 pm

russellh2 wrote: any location I comment on is going to be "Fished Out" so to speak, all it means is this is where I went / what I did etc. etc.
I disagree. I did a little experiment here on a beach I'd never seen anyone else fishing on and had been doing well off for a couple of years. I made a post about it, mentioned the right conditions a few times and how good it was and the next time the conditions were as I described there were 12 people there. Nobody caught anything that day ( years ago now ) and my little secret salmon spot has gone back to being just that.

If you want your landbased spots to not be full of flogs, don't talk about them.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Thetunaslayer

Post by Thetunaslayer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:56 pm

DougieK wrote:
russellh2 wrote: any location I comment on is going to be "Fished Out" so to speak, all it means is this is where I went / what I did etc. etc.
I disagree. I did a little experiment here on a beach I'd never seen anyone else fishing on and had been doing well off for a couple of years. I made a post about it, mentioned the right conditions a few times and how good it was and the next time the conditions were as I described there were 12 people there. Nobody caught anything that day ( years ago now ) and my little secret salmon spot has gone back to being just that.

If you want your landbased spots to not be full of flogs, don't talk about them.
I unfortunately agree.its happrned to us domt share your location if you want it protected or as mentioned above it will be full off flogs.

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm

As most of my fishing is now done in N/E Victoria, with an occasional visit to the Upper Goulbourn River (Which I have fished for 45+years) and requires at least a 1/2 to 3/4 hour walk to where I fish, I doubt many will venture as far as I do - Some will not walk out of sight of their vehicle.
On occasions I have been dropped of near where I am going to fish only to be picked up at a designated spot many hours later - Standing rule is that if I am not at the designated spot at the time agreed - A mobile phone call is made - Sometimes I fish all night, depending on the weather.
P.S. - I never, ever fish alone overnight.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Location is one thing then know how is something else. The problem with added pressure on spots is either boat traffic/noise or people on the bank spooking fish the other issue with land based spots is overcrowding of small spaces.

People sometimes give away an exact location unwittingly by posting photos others publish videos or have put quieter locations on television and the traffic in the area has evolved due to that.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 pm

im happy to share knowledge as long as your not rude not this garfish season but the year before i was counting my garfish to make sure i didnt go over the limit a guy fishing with he,s missus fishing right next to me said your doing allright any tips yep your using a running float so by the time the gar takes the bait and you see your float go under gar gone you need to place your float stoppers right next to the float next week when i arrived the guy came straight up and thank me for the tip and showed me the gars he had caught

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”