info on catching bardi grubs??

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Paulanderson

Re: info on catching bardi grubs??

Postby Paulanderson » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Here in Africa Texas it varies from country to country but in Uganda for example cups of "beer nuts" in a bar are actually small roasted grasshoppers. They are quite sweet and crunchy. In Zambia the equivalent are roasted caterpillars - and so on. Years ago when I worked for the Dept of Aboriginal Affairs in Canberra when the Bogong Moths were in big numbers up in the Brindabellas some of the local Aboriginals would bring in scorched (to get rid of the wings and legs etc) Bogong Moths for snacks! I caught several big trout under the bridge lights at Lake Burley Griffin when the Bogong Moths were around and falling into the water. A large muddler minnow worked a treat! No trout (or at best very few) in the lake these days. One wonders if the occasional "boof" goes on under the lights as there are some big cod in the lake.

Remove these ads.

pwalnuts

Postby pwalnuts » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 am

How about these https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/prod ... st-fingers ?

Chicken finger things. A guy I fish with was talking them up last time we went out, reckons cod love them.

alexcarrillo

Postby alexcarrillo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:32 pm

thanks for all the reply guys. the last day we fished we used cheese and got about 5 cod to about 11 on grubs.. cheese definitely did work!! and a lot cheeper. cheers

Texas

Postby Texas » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Paulanderson wrote:Here in Africa Texas it varies from country to country but in Uganda for example cups of "beer nuts" in a bar are actually small roasted grasshoppers. They are quite sweet and crunchy. In Zambia the equivalent are roasted caterpillars - and so on. Years ago when I worked for the Dept of Aboriginal Affairs in Canberra when the Bogong Moths were in big numbers up in the Brindabellas some of the local Aboriginals would bring in scorched (to get rid of the wings and legs etc) Bogong Moths for snacks! I caught several big trout under the bridge lights at Lake Burley Griffin when the Bogong Moths were around and falling into the water. A large muddler minnow worked a treat! No trout (or at best very few) in the lake these days. One wonders if the occasional "boof" goes on under the lights as there are some big cod in the lake.

I worked it out Paul
You're part of celebrity get me out of here
Feed them to the lions, I reckon
Cheers Gra

Boonanza

Postby Boonanza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Texas wrote:
Paulanderson wrote:Here in Africa Texas it varies from country to country but in Uganda for example cups of "beer nuts" in a bar are actually small roasted grasshoppers. They are quite sweet and crunchy. In Zambia the equivalent are roasted caterpillars - and so on. Years ago when I worked for the Dept of Aboriginal Affairs in Canberra when the Bogong Moths were in big numbers up in the Brindabellas some of the local Aboriginals would bring in scorched (to get rid of the wings and legs etc) Bogong Moths for snacks! I caught several big trout under the bridge lights at Lake Burley Griffin when the Bogong Moths were around and falling into the water. A large muddler minnow worked a treat! No trout (or at best very few) in the lake these days. One wonders if the occasional "boof" goes on under the lights as there are some big cod in the lake.

I worked it out Paul
You're part of celebrity get me out of here
Feed them to the lions, I reckon
Cheers Gra

So your the person that one person that actually watches that crap Graham, they said someone was watching it :rofl:
Water is the most essential element of life, because without water you can’t go fishing. :water:

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”