Re: Fishing report

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Yesterday went bullen merri with a mate looking for Chinooks salmon method bait fishing blue bait and they were on the chew Landing a few loosing 2 monsters all in a morning Sesh highlight Landing a good rainbow on blue bait
Attachments
IMG_20180115_200842.jpg
IMG_20180115_200805.jpg
IMG_20180115_200735.jpg
IMG_20180115_200706.jpg
IMG_20180115_200318.jpg
IMG_20180115_200234.jpg
IMG_20180114_064229.jpg

LINwAd

Re: Re: Fishing report

Post by LINwAd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Nice work man. A good haul.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Nice catch mate.
Enjoy the feed :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Well done

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Sounds like the lake fired well on the w/e from what I've been hearing. What depth were you fishing bud? Did you have a troll at all, or bait sesh only? Not long ago it was full of algae, I'm guessing jt isn't so bad right now.
A fella I know bagged a cupla 4kg models over the w/e on the troll, which is a great sign for the next cupla months ahead. That 30-40ft mark seemed to be the sweet spot, (possibly on/just above the thermocline), but the lures had to be just about hitting the fish on the head for them to strike.
When fisheries starting putting chooks back into these lakes we were told the genetics were great and the fish should push over the 10kg mark. They were growing twice as quick in the bull as they were in the bete, yet bigger fish have come from the bete. Maybe glassies and pillies are too small to be using for bait. Bring on kingie/jewie tactics and see what giants these lakes can offer I say! Well, a fella has to have a dream. Any hit when trolling 10-12in livies is going to be special...

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Cheers guys

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Redhunter wrote:Sounds like the lake fired well on the w/e from what I've been hearing. What depth were you fishing bud? Did you have a troll at all, or bait sesh only? Not long ago it was full of algae, I'm guessing jt isn't so bad right now.
A fella I know bagged a cupla 4kg models over the w/e on the troll, which is a great sign for the next cupla months ahead. That 30-40ft mark seemed to be the sweet spot, (possibly on/just above the thermocline), but the lures had to be just about hitting the fish on the head for them to strike.
When fisheries starting putting chooks back into these lakes we were told the genetics were great and the fish should push over the 10kg mark. They were growing twice as quick in the bull as they were in the bete, yet bigger fish have come from the bete. Maybe glassies and pillies are too small to be using for bait. Bring on kingie/jewie tactics and see what giants these lakes can offer I say! Well, a fella has to have a dream. Any hit when trolling 10-12in livies is going to be special...
Hey bud bait only and got Em in 20m they were on or near the bottom so I'd say hiding from the warm water

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Good sesh! How do the chinook fight? Better than a rainbow?

Cheers, Anth

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Born2fish wrote:
Redhunter wrote:Sounds like the lake fired well on the w/e from what I've been hearing. What depth were you fishing bud? Did you have a troll at all, or bait sesh only? Not long ago it was full of algae, I'm guessing jt isn't so bad right now.
Hey bud bait only and got Em in 20m they were on or near the bottom so I'd say hiding from the warm water
I've heard of bigger fish coming from 8-12m, a little closer to shore, so it may be worth an experiment next time bud! Salmonoids (trout & chooks) don't like the warm water, but if they go too deep (below the thermocline), there is no oxygen for them to survive. Quite often they sit on or just above that line during the warmer months, a line which is quite easily seen on a reasonable sounder.
What I'm talking is probably over and beyond what 99% of folks would be able to interpret on this site, but that is why there's anglers, and there's danglers. I aim very high, and claim a 6-8lber to be a large panny, as I know their potential. Mark my words, I will catch that "special" fish one of these days...

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Yer correct mate but last Sunday they were near the bottom for some reason in 20m

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”