Discount = Still profitable

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Discount = Still profitable

Post by cobby » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 pm

russellh2 wrote:Wow - Seems I have started something that I did not intend to.
Reason for my original post was to demonstrate that, (even with a supposed discount, correct or not in relation to the particular items I highlighted) there is significant margin in both the original price advertised and the "Discount" price.

I am sorry that some people seemed to missed this.

As for as cobby in concerned, I would love to have a face to face discussion with you about your thoughts - that is if you are allowed out of your sandbox Ha Ha Ha Ha
The only person missing anything is you. You have no, absolutely zero idea what margins sneakyfisho or anyone else is making. You're basing every single assumption off some cheaply made knockoff you got for $6. For all you know the cost of 1 Megabass Shading X to the wholesaler Frogleys is $16, who then charge sneakyfisho $18 and you pay $21.50 from sneakyfisho.

I'll happily meet up with you to prove you wrong when I'm not working 6 day 50+ hour weeks so a bunch of whinging know it all's can keep fishing... I'll even bring some actual real wholesale pricelists with the highest margin items on it for you to see with your own eyes

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
russellh2 wrote:Wow - Seems I have started something that I did not intend to.
Reason for my original post was to demonstrate that, (even with a supposed discount, correct or not in relation to the particular items I highlighted) there is significant margin in both the original price advertised and the "Discount" price.

I am sorry that some people seemed to missed this.

As for as cobby in concerned, I would love to have a face to face discussion with you about your thoughts - that is if you are allowed out of your sandbox Ha Ha Ha Ha
Don't worry about it mate.. I think good old cobby takes this discussion a bit too seriously..

Anth

Its fine i just have tech envy lol
My phone can't do everything like the pros lol

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 pm

I am trying to understand where you arrive at opinions of myself based on your assumptions.
I have made no comment in relation to the type of person you are, and yet you feel free to use ****** and call me names in a public forum.

You have your opinion in relation to my original post but YOU MISSED THE POINT.

As far as buying a $6 knockoff is concerned, all you have done is demonstrated that you have no idea what you are talking about, numerous hours of research on my part allowed me to identify the maker of the particular lures.
I was then actually able to purchase them on line after setting up an account with their online store.

Read exactly what I write, not what you assume I mean.

Have a nice day.

cobby

Post by cobby » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:39 pm

I said you were gullible. Nothing more nothing less. F&(#ing is an adjective not a noun.

And unless your $6 lures were made from the exact same moulds, with the exact same componentry, to the exact same specifications including the thicknesses of both paints and plastics irrespective of coming out of the same factory as the retail lures you have nothing more than knockoffs. You're the one who has chosen to remain ambiguous with your purchase and **** can the whole industry and those of us who work in it believing we're all loaded off these magical markup profits.

Again, if it's such a sure fire money maker why don't you put YOUR money where your mouth is and buy the Rosebud shop. It's less than $500k.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:57 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
4liters wrote:Are you going to respond to that post 4 times as well?
Lol I've been thinking this for a while too..
You guys are just jellous lol
Pretty sure they aren't
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:03 pm

cobby wrote:I said you were gullible. Nothing more nothing less. F&(#ing is an adjective not a noun.

And unless your $6 lures were made from the exact same moulds, with the exact same componentry, to the exact same specifications including the thicknesses of both paints and plastics irrespective of coming out of the same factory as the retail lures you have nothing more than knockoffs. You're the one who has chosen to remain ambiguous with your purchase and sh*t can the whole industry and those of us who work in it believing we're all loaded off these magical markup profits.

Again, if it's such a sure fire money maker why don't you put YOUR money where your mouth is and buy the Rosebud shop. It's less than $500k.
You'd want at least 20%pa on your investment....then you'd want a wage on top of that.
Hey Cobby....do you work in the fishing retail industry?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 am

russellh2 wrote:I am trying to understand where you arrive at opinions of myself based on your assumptions.
I have made no comment in relation to the type of person you are, and yet you feel free to use ****** and call me names in a public forum.

As far as buying a $6 knockoff is concerned, all you have done is demonstrated that you have no idea what you are talking about, numerous hours of research on my part allowed me to identify the maker of the particular lures.
I was then actually able to purchase them on line after setting up an account with their online store.

Have a nice day.
:a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:11 am

russellh2 wrote:I am trying to understand where you arrive at opinions of myself based on your assumptions.

Have a nice day.
so what exactly are these lures you are talking about, i would like to know if possible. might as well save myself some money as well if its what i use..

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Some of you girls need to freshen up.
Powder your nose or whatever you shielas do and get on with it.

cobby

Post by cobby » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Mattblack wrote:
cobby wrote:I said you were gullible. Nothing more nothing less. F&(#ing is an adjective not a noun.

And unless your $6 lures were made from the exact same moulds, with the exact same componentry, to the exact same specifications including the thicknesses of both paints and plastics irrespective of coming out of the same factory as the retail lures you have nothing more than knockoffs. You're the one who has chosen to remain ambiguous with your purchase and sh*t can the whole industry and those of us who work in it believing we're all loaded off these magical markup profits.

You'd want at least 20%pa on your investment....then you'd want a wage on top of that.
Hey Cobby....do you work in the fishing retail industry?
Was retail then moved behind the scenes into wholesale.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”